VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I have no idea what to do schizophrenia, impingement, migranes, nuralgia, myalgia

Rate this question

Papawolfie

Question

Hey everyone. Ive been in the army for 5 years and im getting out in 197 days exactly and im just down right terrified. I wana cry at night cause im scared but my body wont let me shed one tear. Im here partly to get help to understand what i should do to get va disability, personal stories and partly for emotional support.

Im going to behavior health for suicidal ideation, depression and anxiety currently. Ive been speaking to my ex girlfriend shes studying to be a shrink and she thinks i have paranoid schizophrenia and i was speaking to my mother the other day she said my sister has said for the last 4 years that she thought i have it as well, they both have never met in their life. However i did abuse cough syrup a few times. And im afraid they might blame the schizophrenia on that. But i was seeing behavior health before that even. Military found out. Never got introuble for it. Dark history in my life, but i have overcome that thanks to my asap class. Thank you God. I just got a psychiatric evaluation done, but im still waiting on the tests to come back to know whats really happening i dont even know who i am and worst of all for service connection, i have no clue at all what to make of this.

I just had surgery for my shoulder impingement syndrome 2 weeks ago, they removed a bursa, did clavicular excision, and bicep tenesis. And ive healed well but still have a limited range of motion. (That much is all i know of va disability) 

I was told i have occipital nuralgia which causes me not only to have emence neck pain but to have incredible migranges daily i just walk around the motorpool acting like im busy but the pain is so bad i massage my neck and scalp to ease the pain and take naproxen like crazy, and when im off work not only do i stay home for fear of social interaction, i stay to nurse my headaches. I drink caffeine to help it and take more pain medication.

I have lower back problems that came out of no where. 4 years ago my chiropractor said its facet syndrome but i stopped going to him for the last few years cause it wasnt helping and i went to see my primary care provider again for it he said its para spinal myalgia. Gave me some muscle relaxers and said have a good day after I asked for a referal back to the chiropractor. He just blew me off i feel. But i have social anxiety im scared to be a bother..... And i know im just screwing myself over but i cant help how i am. And i have to schedule appointments for anything and hes always a month backed up. Idk what to do about anything ladies and gentleman. Im begging for your help here. Im bugging my family so much about my anxieties they are ignoring my phone calls even... I want 100% disability not because it gets me out of work. I LOVE WORKING. It makes me feel accomplished and like I deserve to live and breath Gods air. But mentally im not right in the head.... If you all ask i can even show you all a text i sent to my mother when i was having a really bad episode, and even that doesnt cover all of me. (You all dont know me so i feel a ok sharing this if it helps the advice i would be given.) i mean its 0308. My mind is just racing itself i cant sleep at all!! PLEASE HELP.

You know what I said a lot of shit a few min ago. all I got to say is how dare you judge me. Period. I have 5 years of documentation of my suffering wanting to kill myself acutally screw this I needed help and your giving terrible help just alone in your judgemental persona. Have a good life. BYE.

I see that you took offense of my post, I was informing you not judging you since I have helped several veterans get a 100% service connection for mental health and they all were given a proposal of incompetent and later found to be incompetent by VA and SSA.

The phrase "Free Money" is something that is said by someone that does not understand VA and or SSA benefits. "Free Money," nothing in life is free.  The phrase "Free Money," is an offense to any and all veterans.  Always keep in mind that for any person to be granted VA and or SSA benefits the individual must have some type of handicap/disability that limits their ability to perform and maintain work. 

VA and SSA will not take the individuals word, VA and SSA will need a Medical Opinion that the person cannot work due to their medical or mental disabilities. I suggests that you read my post again. I did not say that you were/are lying about your condition.  By taking offense at my post you overlook that I was informing you of what may happen.  I am here to help and not judge you. My comment about you being incompetent is not my opinion of you it is a fact that VA and or SSA may consider when you file a claim and the symptoms that you report to your doctors. 

Still the bottom line is disability pay is not "Free Money," and there is no guarantee that you will or will not get a 100% rating.  Yes, it may happen but with VA the rating is based on your symptoms. You should think about your comment "Free Money," think about what you are going through, think about all other veterans and what they go through. It is very insensitive that you feel compensation benefits is free money since the only way a person can get it is if they have some type of disability, no matter what that disability is.   

Pete did not mean this to be offensive.  Please allow an explanation:

If you work for company "A" and this company has "benefits", such as eye care, dental care, or even cash to go in an IRA in your name, then this is part of your wages.  

So, if you draw some money out of this IRA, this is not "free" money, but money you earned while working for company A, even if this is 40 years after you worked for company "A".

So it happens with VA.  The military is a particulary hazardous job.  People get injured and killed in the military.  So, the VA has promised not only to take care of our medical expenses, but also to pay us for "lost wages" if we get so crippled up in the military that we can no longer work, or, that we can work some, but our injuries resulted in a lower paycheck.   Private employers often also have some sort of disability insurance or workmans compensation, for those injured on the job.  

This "crippled up" pay, called disability compensation, is money you earned while in the military.  You risked life and limb and wound up "crippled up".  So, the VA says, ok, we are gonna pay you for that.  Its fair, and its your money.  You earned that money just like you earned your IRA..its part of your wages/benefit package.   This is what Pete meant by, "its not free money", but its money you earned while serving your country.  Its not a gift, its part of your "benefit/pay package" from the military that they offered you so that you would go and risk life or limb for your country.