VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SHOCKED (and happy)

Rate this topic

knewtboot

That is huge!.

The CHAMPVA forms can be downloaded, filled out, then faxed back. I think it took me about 8 weeks with a little back and forth (to fill out the other health insurance info correctly) Remember, that in dealings with CHAMP you are not the beneficiary- your dependents are. SO, if you are calling CHAMP ever to discuss anything and your dependents are NOT minors, CHAMP will defer and say they must talk to the beneficiary. This is normal and expected, but a bit jarring after spending so many years shepherding your benefits around for yourself and dependents.

If you have no other health insurance then you will just have to fill out an OHI (other health insurance) form for EACH beneficiary. Don't do like I did and fill out 1 and include a note that said "its the same for all beneficiaries". They don't like that very much. :-)

Check, also, your state Regs RE: school (secondary education). You probably live in a state with a Uni system that has programs for dependents of 100% disabled vets- most of the ones I have seen say something along the lines that dependents of 100% veterans can attend for free. SO. you get tuition off, you don't sacrifice grants and scholarships, depending on income guidelines, and your Chap 35 monies for subsistence allowance are still in force. My wife is thinking about getting a 2nd degree in library science after deciding to change careers after 13 yrs, and this takes a HUGE amount of stress off of how to pay for it. It works for all of your dependents, within certain limitations of time, but there is a deadline on these. Its years (48 months of benefits, and they have to be used within X years of your rating). The sooner you start on it and get it out of the way now the better. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

Big award out the door.  Lots of 0% listed.  Deferred PTSD should get you 100%??

Soon as you get the BBE, review the reasons why you have been given all the 0% ratings, review the accuracy of the rated conditions and compare them w/38CFR to see if you agree that they are accurate in comparison with your disabilities.

With as many conditions listed there, you should be able to get this maybe to another +60% if they bolo'ed some of the 0%ages, which is another SMC bump.

Congratulations, Thanks be to the'Lord....!'

There you go!

Didn't you notice a RETRO award going into your Bank Account before you saw the E-Ben or actual Award Letter?? If you don't already, get Txt/Email notifications from your Bank set up.

Semper Fi

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use