VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Repeat C&P Exam

Rate this question

babycourt45

Question

Hello all, I filed for an increase on several contentions as well as some new contentions in February 2015 and had my C&P exams conducted in August 2015.  I just received a call to schedule C&Ps for the same exams previously conducted in August 2015, with the same doctors as well as with a mental health doctor.  I suspect this is common if there is a question from the rater, my question is has this happened before to anyone else or am I just being paranoid?  Thanks for any input...

The VARO is requesting another C&P to gather another opinion from another examiner. Bring every piece of information you can think of. Give it to the examiner, even if he does not want it. Tell them that the records he has may not include all the information that you have and also tell the examiner that you have previous exams, the examiner may get tired of it and concede in your favor as they did for me because I told them of the numerous exams and brought in all my information. He was surprised I had more information that what was given to him. The other exams was not even given to him either so he knew the raters were trying to deny. Keep the advise from all the experienced people as well but make sure to bring everything with you and be prepared!!! The appt may end up only being 10 to 15 mins long after reading all your previous exams and information that you have.

God Bless!!!!!

"With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God"

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure on this  but the next time I have a C&P I'm asking the Dr if I can see what he said about me'after the exam...if he/she says I can get the exam report 3 days later, I am going ask  well then whats in to today will be in it 3 days from now right? he may say yes;

Then I'll  say well if that's the case why not let me read it now?...because most C&P Examiners takes notes during the exam and goes home and looks at every record & c-file and all to find ways to get the veteran denied, even when they say  everything looks good and all is a go   that gives the veteran hope  when in all honesty the examiner is probably lying through his/her teeth.

then we get our denial or proposal to reduce   that looks good & everything is a go....its all BS.

JMO

..........Buck

Buck,

The thing that gets me is when the examiner writes their opinions, and it's actually in your favor, then the RO comes back with something totally different.  It's like the RO ignored the examiner's opinions all together.

Babycourt45,

if I hadn't said it already, and I didn't take note if anyone else did either, but you have found the "yellow brick road" when you found this website! Even though I have my own issues, physical and mental, nothing makes me more excited then telling other Vets about this website.  God has blessed us all through Tbird's founding of Hadit.com.  Through her difficult and arduous journey through the "valley of the shadow of VA(death)" He brought her much success.  And through that she founded Hadit, to share her thoughts and insights with all Veterans.  There are so many knowledgeable Veteran's on here, that no issue or contention can go undefeated for long. 

Semper Fi.

Andy

• HadIt.com Elder

Ain't that the truth Andyman.

Here's a back-up suggestion.

After you have your C&P favorable or not  because we won't know until we can read the exam.

To have a condition'' SERVICE CONNECTION'' and a possible rating if you can afford an IMO/IME  ask your Dr if  he/she will read through some of your ''VA Myhealthvet'' Notes and let them see what all the VA is saying about your condition   that way the private Dr (say a  Psychiatrist)  can make there own impression about you and state their professional opinion an ask the Dr to to state in his/her opinion its likely as not that his condition occurred while in the military.

don't take all your notes to the private Dr Just take your lap-top  let him/her read them from your lap-top.

Most Dr's hesitate to read through tons of paper work  so the VA Notes makes it fairly eazy.

JMO

...........Buck

Edited by Buck52

Hello!

Just wanted to let you know that the same thing just happened to me today. My claim was in preparation for decision, and C&P's for all of my increases had been done by VES about two months ago, and they all went very well and the doctors left me feeling like I was getting my increases. Two days after being in preparation for decision, my claim moved back to gathering evidence and I received a call from who other then the VA's hired guns QTC! QTC said they received a request for a DBQ on one of my contentions that I just had a C&P for two months ago! After looking into who the QTC doctor was going to be I noticed that it was a Dentist this time, and not a doctor. My guess is one of two things:

Either they are trying to deny me by fishing for the right C&P results, or asking a dentist about my oral condition because he is better qualified. In your case however, since the C&P's are with the same doctors, I feel like it's either a mistake, they are trying to deny you, or perhaps they didn't go the exam correctly and it's messed up so bad that a phone call can't fix it. Keep us updated!