VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod

Rate this question

saltydawg

Question

WHAT DO YA'LL THINK? I HAVE A NOD ON MY NECK AND A NEW CLAIM ON LOWER BACK. MY PRIMERY CARE DOCTOR AT THE VA WROTE ME A OPION LETTER IT SAYS IN HER WORDS. THE PATHOLOGY IN MR _____ NECK AND LUMBAR SPINE COULD HAVE BEEN CAUSED BY HEAVY LIFTING SUCH AS DURING HIS TIME IN THE MILITARY. SMR SHOWS MUSSELL STRAIN. I HAVE DJD. THANKS

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Can you get the doc to re-write it -- "as likely as not" and refer to supportive documentation in your SMR's stating she has reviewed your SMR's. What you posted she wrote is weak and leaves too much room for the rater to use their own judgement to weigh the evidence as presented in that opinion.

jmho,

carlie

I CAN ASK HER.I THOUGH WHAT SHE WROTE AS MUCH SAID AS LIKELY AS NOT. I WAS HOPEING I THE VAT WOULD GET THE BENNEFIT OF THE DOUGHT. I MAY HAVE TO GET AND IMO FROM DR BASH.SHOULD I GET IT NOW OR WAIT FOR DISSION ON NOD?

Guest rickb54

saltydawg,

I agree with carlie, the statement is really not valid for rating purposes. You doctor needs to write a statement something like:

Upon reviewing the active duty medical records of Mr. ___ it is my opinion that it is more likely than not that his present medical problem is a result of his in service injury.

or:

Upon reviewing the active duty medical records of Mr.___ it is my opinion that it is at least as likely or not (50/50 probability) that his present condition was caused by or as a result of his in service injury to______.

I have received both statements above for different problems and they were received well by the raters.

best of luck....

don't bet on any benefit of the doubt , instead let there be no doubt!

Edited by rickb54