VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

my battle for 100%, getting closer

Rate this topic

James123

Because of the pure number of disabilities I have posting them as a sig would be ridiculous.

I started my MS battle shortly after I was diagnosed 3 years ago, I was diagnosed with its symptoms almost 25 years ago after I got out so I was able to make service connection requirements.

I started out at 30% disabled at the beginning, then fought to 40% a few years back because of my hips. MS got me to 70%, but my VSO had no secondaries and told me not to file them till after i was rated for MS. 

I filed my secondaries myself and am now at 90%  (93.165%)

The claim is partially awarded but has 4 more pending claims. The rater actually called me and told me they are pulling the original MRI's and medical records from 25 years ago to see if all the original decisions and dates are rated and set correctly including the MS rating and date. 

It's a big step forward, now I have to fight the last few inches, Just waiting for the results.

tinnitus 10%

voiding dysfunction secondary to multiple sclerosis  20%

cervical spine strain 10%

low back strain 10%

bowel function impairment secondary to multiple sclerosis 10%

right lower extremity impairment  secondary to multiple sclerosis 10%

right upper extremity impairment  secondary to multiple sclerosis 10%

degenerative arthritis of right hip joint 10%

multiple sclerosis 30%

adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood 30%

left upper extremity impairment secondary to multiple sclerosis 10%

left lower extremity impairment secondary to multiple sclerosis 10%

multiple sclerosis with sleep apnea 50%

left hip joint degenerative arthritis 10%

Congratulations on not giving up on your claims and on yourself. It seems that at times, it is enough work to get up and have a life each day. Yet, we tend to have to work harder for benefits regardless of this. Keep fighting and keep moving.

Congrats bud, I am so happy for you. My best friend has MS and Parkinsons that he was diagnosed with at 17 and now at 33 he is still living a hard life, but living at all is a great thing. Good luck and God Bless, keep us posted

James,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family in your battles with MS and the VA. I hope you get your 100% rating in the near future and collect 100% compensation for many years to come.  

Good luck and thank you for your service.

GP

James, congratulations on your 90%, I wish you many more victories and hope all the best for you and your family, and thank you for your service to our country.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use