VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

my battle for 100%, getting closer

Rate this topic

James123

James, I salute you and can simpathize with your battle with MS.  My wife has had MS for over 18 years now.  

I hope you get another success and you get to 100%.

If you dont have SSDI, you should be a shoe in with MS.

Good luck,

Hamslice

I am hoping i will not need to do SSDI and can hold off till retirement.

While i have a lot of pretty severe issues, the company I am working for is working with their Dr's to provide me with a safe environment to work in. While I am not sure what the exact are, they currently have been working from the office and some times from home rather than out in the field. It's been like this for a few months now.

I make a good living and I am grateful that they are more interested in keeping me rather than finding a way to let me go. If I was stuck in the house all the time, i think i would loose my mind.

Thanks for all the well wishes!

Edited by James123

• 4 weeks later...

You sound as though you are in a good place regarding home, work and treatment. Now, you just have to trust that from what your company is doing, they support you. We are in similar boats, and I know I am grateful every day that my bosses are so willing to be flexible and that I feel like I make a contribution. Best of luck to you!

• 5 months later...

Well, My battle to 100% total disability is finally at an end. I was told by my Rep I should get my letter next week. We have a couple more things to do to get T&P. But that's just a matter of getting letters from my Doctors.

As far as the work situation goes, They want me gone. I fought to stay working, so they changed my roles and responsibilities to put me in situations they know I cant do. So they can fire me for poor performance.

They gave me a choice go out on disability or be fired in June. May as well eat their 6 months of short term while I look for a new job.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use