VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Difficult Is It To Get A Zero Percent Rating?

Rate this question

rdawg

Question

I had a broken fifth toe in service (1989) and was wondering how difficult it would be to get a 0 percent rating for this. Would I need to have it xrayed to show that there are residuals? I've had pain in the past but treated it with Over the counter Meds.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

yes, I nijured my back inservice in 1987 and am seeking service connection for DDD now. I'm trying to find the easiest path to 0 percent for business purposes.

I know htey took an xray of my toe in service and it showed a broken toe.

38 CFR

§ 4.31 Zero percent evaluations.

In every instance where the schedule does not provide a zero percent evaluation for a diagnostic code, a zero percent evaluation shall be assigned when the requirements for a compensable evaluation are not met.

[58 FR 52018, Oct. 6, 1993]

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

This is kinda a new twist.

I mean, after all, most of us are just trying to get some sort of rating that will allow us to pay the rent and buy groceries.

Now we've got someone that doesn't want anything MORE than a 0%.

hmmmmmmmmm, errr, ahhhhhh, Man, I don't know how you go about ONLY getting a 0%............. B)

I got one 0% rating for a finger I cut open on a steel band when I got startled, when we got fired upon in Vietnam, I applied for a rating back in 1971, but the VA wouldn't help me find my CO, who took me to a Korean base to get my finger sewn up, as it wasn't in my SMR, so couldn't prove it that way. Finally in 2002 I found my CO, thanks to the internet, who back up my claim, so was awarded 0%, if the VA could of helped me out in 71, then might of got 10%, but who knows for sure, as back then my finger gave me a lot of problems, today the scar isn't that bad, but still have numbness and pain, especially when the weather gets cold up here in MN. I also had Malaria in Vietnam, 9 days in the hospital, went in with a 104.8 temperature, packed in ice for 3 days to bring temperature down, but again, no SMR records to prove anything, as all my SMR after basic are gone, and between the DOD, the VA AND ST. LOUIS, NO ONE HAS A CLUE, NO MORNING REPORTS, NO NOTHING TO PROVE ANYTHING, sorry about the capitals, hard time typing, with 5 fingers with little or no feeling in them. about a week after back surgery a year ago, the three smallest fingers on right hand went numb, now one VA doctor says it is from ulnar nerve, so scheduled for surgery, but another VA doctor says it is from neck, so who knows for sure.