VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD Increase to 100%

Rate this topic

wnappster

Congratulations on your award.  Excellent advice given by USMC_VET.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

GP

USMC_VET,

Reply to your question,  however was the ptsd increase and this secondary filed at the same time?

They were filed at the same time. I had submitted the secondary as a flashback that caused the accident which in turn I am suffering from concussion, but no proof exists that flashbacks can cause MVA only some form of dissociative condition (blackouts).My Psycholgist did write an IME letter but no diagnosis code was submitted for the condition (Dissociative Fugue a Subtype of PTSD) that caused the MVA in which i received a consussion. He has documented this issue during treatment. 

I see your point about the NOD.

Anyone,

Forgot to mention/ask. I was given some retro payment but not all of it and the letter gives no clear answer to this. I did call Peggy at the VA but could not get anything better. Any ideas on how long this may take? I got  8,200 but they owed 27,000 I do receive CRDP and retirement pay and they did make it effective on 2/2015 due to me mentioning all the issues to the VA shrink back then and not the file date of 12/2014.

Thanks

Anyone,

Forgot to mention/ask. I was given some retro payment but not all of it and the letter gives no clear answer to this. I did call Peggy at the VA but could not get anything better. Any ideas on how long this may take? I got  8,200 but they owed 27,000 I do receive CRDP and retirement pay and they did make it effective on 2/2015 due to me mentioning all the issues to the VA shrink back then and not the file date of 12/2014.

Thanks

When was the retro paid?  If this was 4+ months ago and they still owe you the balance I would write a nice letter to the Director of your RO.  In that letter let them know they have 14 days to correct it, if it is not corrected by that time period wyou will be contacting Under Secretary Allison Hickey as well as your Congressman for assistance in this.  More than likely you will see movement.  If not then contact those folks.  Let them know you were due 27,000 in retro payments, but less than a 1/3 has been paid.  You waited X days before contacting the 1800 # and nothing was done and then you waited an additional X days before writing a letter to the RO (make sure you send it certified mail with return receipt). Include copies of the certified mail receipt and the return receipt to show that it did reach the RO on X date.  Include a copy of the letter to the Director that you were going to give the VA another 14 days (and then include the total of days since the decision to the end of that 14 day make) and there was still no resolution with the matter so you are now contacting them in the hopes that this error can be corrected.  Be kind and be cordial in all your dealings with teh VA.  yelling and screaming, accusations and name calling do only 2 things, 1 make you feel better temporarily and 2 make you look like the anger filled veteran they like to portray us as.  If you are kind, and deferential it only makes you more likeable and sympathetic.  So in the letter to the RO or Ms. Hickey/Congressman dont call the VA names, dont point out their incompetence, etc.  Just state the facts, they more than speak well enough for themselves.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use