VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thailand Vet Agent Orange Denial

Rate this question

Roadrunner

Question

Hello my fellow Vets.  Today I received my B.B.E. from the V.A.  It contained my Denial for my claim submitted 2/15 for Prostrate Cancer as a result of Agent Orange exposure. After submitting my claim I found this forum, and learned that I should not have used the words Agent Orange.  I am a Thailand Vet stationed at Udorn R.T.A.F.B. from 4/69 till 2/70 at which time I was discharged at Travis A.F.B. Calif.  My hooch was about 100 ft. from the Base perimeter fence line & Kill zone.  So after reading some of the post from this forum, I will be claiming "BOOTS ON  THE GROUND" in my N.O.D. along with other items that I have found on the forum.  So fellow Vets. move over, 1 more hamster reporting for duty on that Wheel.  I would appreciate any and all ideas and suggestions, leading to a better decision on my claim.  Thank you.  And THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.   I hope this is the correct forum for this.  If not please move to the right one.

• HadIt.com Elder

American use during the Vietnam War[edit]

During the Vietnam War the base was a front-line facility of the United States Air Force (USAF) from 1964 through 1976.

Udorn RTAFB was also the Asian headquarters of Air America, a US passenger and cargo airline covertly owned and operated by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). It supplied and supported covert operations in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War.

Asknod (Alex) seems to me he was with Air America  so he may know more about this area.?? maybe?

jmo

..........Buck

Thanks to all of you for the info. and links.  I found the 3-D map of Udorn last night while surfing the net.  Wow I appreciate all of the replies.  Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do.  And yes Buck52 I used to watch the T-28 with their special markings take off everyday, along with the Jolly Greens going North to Alaska.  I worked in the Precision Photo trailer for the 11th. T.R.S. at the far northern end of the base, it was called the Yellow Submarine section, because they had taken a drop tank painted it yellow and placed it atop one of our trailers.

Yes Berta I sent off for copies of my Service Records as well as Pay & Medical Records last week. Oh and as soon as I can figure out how to, I will scan and submit my Denial info.  I can't say this enough" Thanks All for the replies"

Sorry Berta it took so long. Still learning how to work this thing (not the brightest apple on the tree) I had to walk away for a bit.  I hope this works.  Contact me if it does not.   Thank you.

AGENT ORANGE DENIAL LETTERS.pdf

Im gonna give this one a shot, as it sounds like Berta is having computer troubles.  In your denial, you posted:

The law provides that US Air Force and./or Army personnel stationed at Royal Thai Air Force Bases at U-Tapao, LJbon, Nakhon Phanom, Udom, Takhli, Korat or Don Muang, Thailand from April 2 through Sepetember 8,1964, in specific Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) working on the base perimeter, shall be presumed to have been exposed during such service to an herbicide agent, unless there is affirmative evidence to establish that the veteran was not exposed to any such agent during that service. Pages from your Air Force personnel records show that you had served in Udorn, Thailand. However, your Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) has not been conceded as having been exposed to herbicides while in Thailand. Your service treatment records do not contain complaints, treatment, or diagnosis for this condition.The evidence does not show the location(s) of Issue/Contention Explana your military se.rvic"l or,the events you experienced therein, quali$ for the presumption of service connection fol your disease

End decision quote.  

The Reasons and bases seems to be in conflict.  The said you have presumed exposure, that your served in Thailand, later, they said "the locations does not show exposure.  

YOU do not have to have complaints treatments or symptoms for this condition, when its a presumptive, contrary to what this decision says.  

Many diseases, such as prostate cancer do not exhibit symptoms when first exposed, these symptoms come much later.  

Thanks Broncovet for the information.  I noticed that also and was wondering about what I would call double talk.  Maybe someone can add more light to this matter.  Thank you for your input.