VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thailand Vet Agent Orange Denial

Rate this question

Roadrunner

Question

Hello my fellow Vets.  Today I received my B.B.E. from the V.A.  It contained my Denial for my claim submitted 2/15 for Prostrate Cancer as a result of Agent Orange exposure. After submitting my claim I found this forum, and learned that I should not have used the words Agent Orange.  I am a Thailand Vet stationed at Udorn R.T.A.F.B. from 4/69 till 2/70 at which time I was discharged at Travis A.F.B. Calif.  My hooch was about 100 ft. from the Base perimeter fence line & Kill zone.  So after reading some of the post from this forum, I will be claiming "BOOTS ON  THE GROUND" in my N.O.D. along with other items that I have found on the forum.  So fellow Vets. move over, 1 more hamster reporting for duty on that Wheel.  I would appreciate any and all ideas and suggestions, leading to a better decision on my claim.  Thank you.  And THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.   I hope this is the correct forum for this.  If not please move to the right one.

Read it. https://asknod.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/thailand-ao-exposure/

and https://asknod.wordpress.com/?s=Ao+in+thailand

Food for thought. I was in one of the new 3-story yellow barns at Udorn about a week after I got there. I was originally in the swamp down near the former AFTN site that got clobbered  by the F-4 about a week before I landed. The new barns were 60(?)ish feet from the perimeter where the Thai lunch vendors set up. Nothing grew there. I departed for up country in July 70 and came back to visit again every once in a while for different missions. I out-processed there in May 1972 and came home. 

Here's an affidavit (attached below) I supplied to another airman stationed at Udorn. It was accepted into evidence by the BVA. I have not heard back from him as to whether he won. Remember one thing. Ten years ago, VA was insisting there was no AO used in Korea or Guam. That has changed. Okinawa was next. Hell, they're still digging up old barrels of it there at Naha and Kadena,

You could never have won an AO case in Thailand five years ago but nevertheless, we are beginning to win there. The trick is the nexus letter. Always has been-always will be. You can't diagnose yourself with DM2 and then say "It's because of the fertilizer they used at Udorn." Your doctor has to say it and he should be darn specific as to why. If you weigh 300 lbs and eat corndogs for breakfast, lunch and dinner, your case is compromised. Being on the perimeter of Udorn was a fact for almost all of us. Many of us lived on the perimeter.  

I believe this should be moved to the Agent Orange file section as it belongs there. 

Letter of support for AO-AB.pdf

Wow asknod I was at Udorn when they built those barns. I was in the 11th. T.R.S. photo processing trailer.  My hooch was in the back row right on the fence line on the eastern side of the base, just about where the sappers came in.   We called the food vendors Howard Johnson's in reference to the food vendors on the turnpike, I remember some of us buying fruit from them.  They would hand it through the perimeter fence on long bamboo poles with basket at the end.  Sorry to drift, but back to the matter at hand.  I read your letter of support.  You hit the nail on the head with it.  If you don't mind I would like to copy it and give it to my VSO. But if you should object I'll understand, so please let me know.  SaWaDee Kop.  My friend Wendell lived on the first floor of one of those barns. He worked in the Airborne Command Center.  The C-130 that flew at night.  So many memories.  Thanks for the information and have a great day.

7th ABCCC. Call sign Cricket/(night) and Hillsboro (day). I talked to them about 50 times a day. 272.3 Mhz. My call sign Wetback Yankee. Caught my silver BB @ L-108 Muong Soui 9/17/70 flying down Route 7 in a Porter with the fancy blue/white/silver paint job. I remember the Yellow submarine. You could see it from the air on the upwind leg before you turned left on final. Welcome Home, sir.

Feel free to use the letter. That's why I wrote it. As a combat Vet, I get the 38 USC 1154(b) presumption that anything I say is the truth. Sabai dee gwoh? Still have my AirAm pin, too.

my-favorite-airline.jpg

UdornRTAFB Heavy herbicide usage near barracks.jpg

Edited by asknod

Thank you very much.  My hooch was in that area that you have circled.  Yeah I guess you could not miss the yellow sub on final. It sat on top of my duty section trailer. It was banned from the NCO club after a couple of incidents.

Happy Veterans Day to all who have served.  Hang in there and continue to fight the good fight.  Thanks to all for your service.  Have a great one and remember all those who are not here.