VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success at BVA level

Rate this topic

chr49

if they do lowball your rating for it you can...

1) Appeal that

2) just start going to va for those symptoms especially.  i recommend doing the Secure message transcription so its not lost in the sauce.  Before every appointment list out ALL the symptoms you think are associated with the condition so its logged in your medical record.  Then have the appointment.  Repeat repeat repeat.  Then after a year or so, apply for an increase.  This way they cant ignore that you HAVE REPORTED THE SYMPTOMS.

USMC_VET

Thank you for the great tips. Much appreciated!!

I have neck problems that have gotten worse due to dives out of bed during nightmares so the doctors tend to related most of my symptoms to my neck. I've been putting off the surgery due to the fact that I need to be able to work.  

I have just started using secure messaging so I will continue to do that. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!

• 4 months later...

I know this post is gotten old but I thought others might be interested in reading the BVA decision on my case. I have mixed feelings every time I read it because of the struggle I had getting to this point. Here's a link to the decision: http://www.va.gov/vetapp15/Files5/1541030.txt

If the link doesn't work here's the info you'll need  [or search 2015 files for PTSD, peripheral vascular disease, hypertension]

Citation Nr: 1541030	
Decision Date: 09/24/15    Archive Date: 10/02/15
DOCKET NO.  13-05 305

CHR49

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use