VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Last Ounce Of Patience

Rate this question

cowboys4life

Question

Some time ago I had a traveling board hearing in which I felt that the judge was really leaning toward giving me a favorable rating decision. She even said that if it could be helped, she was not going to remand my claim. Lo and behold, she did just that, remanding all eleven issues of my claims. She was critical of issues never being adjudicated,critical of statements of VA doctors and critical of basically the entire file. She also wanted the same doctor who opined that I did not have a residual scar from my two open heart surgeries which is rated at 0% to evaluate me again and give a detailed opinion on his findings and also the denial of pacemaker implant secondary to my svc  CAD rated only at 30%. Which is part of my appeal. I am now stuck in the regional office remand line, even though my claim was advanced for hardship due homelessness I have been told that the regional does not have to honor the advance the board granted. I am ready to blow my cool. My patience is wearing very thin. What can I do.??????

Thank you all for your insight and I am happy to inform you all that I have a housing voucher to find a place to live, at least I won't be on the streets this holiday season with my family or in a shelter. I did send out an email to the under secretary suggested by Flores. I must say that I had all the relevant evidence needed to decide my claim all of it date stamped and because of those missing medical records and doctors opinions, the BVA took offence to those not being apart of my file, when there were references to them by the regional office. I really don't know what I would do without the vets like you all that take the time out to help another vet. God bless you all

The crazy one here, I know I am coming late to this post and I admit that I briefly read over most of the previous post but If you are not working you can file for SSDI(Social Security Disability Insurance). If you are already getting SSDI great, if you are not getting SSDI then you can claim a hardship also.

Hope this helps

Cowboys, I am so happy for you and your family and I hope you get great news from VA regarding increased ratings before Christmas, i truly believe you will.  In all fairness, Pwrslm also suggested emailing the Undersecretary, which I did not even see when I made my post, and I can tell you that I have heard and experienced great things when she gets involved, after one email from her, your RO will get moving.  I wish you and your family the best of holidays, and please keep everyone posted.  God Bless you and your family, as well.

What a difference this site made in my life. I shot an email to the under secretary and not only did I get a reply a supervisor from bay pines regional called me to tell me that she is personally handling my claim. I cannot thank you veterans for your help and I am optimistic but hopeful. One of the statements the supervisor made to me was that; When she said out loud to herself that  there was two open heart surgeries and no residual scar,that, it sounded crazy to her. So thank you all, I have VASH housing voucher and am desperately trying to find a place that doesn't mind my background of one evict. No luck yet and the 1st is almost here. I am keeping the faith that there is someone out there that won't mind giving a homeless vet a chance at redemption, after all we are all Americans first.

Good to hear this is working out for you.  With VASH, your evict should not be a big hit.  Once your rating is set and you have a stead stream of income to rely on, its a no brainer for them to put in a Vet with a family and VASH.  Also, there are organizations that get special consideration working with housing vets in your shoes.  Track them down and try to get into a house with a yard.  Look at the housing resources on E Benefits they will guide you.  They get special prices for government owned homes because they put low income vet's into them.

Cowboys4life, I'm glad to hear the great news, you might want to check with the local VA Veterans Aid office, and see if they have a list of properties and landlords that are veteran friendly, or the office where you obtained your voucher, they should have a good idea of where to find a nice home for you and your family.  I am confident you will get more great news by Christmas, and I hope you and your family have a great holiday season, God Bless!!