VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2016 VA Compensation Rate Overhaul

Rate this question

USMC_VET

Question

Does anybody else remember the talk about this years back?

http://www.pva.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=ajIRK9NJLcJ2E&b=6350111&ct=11629039

http://archive.armytimes.com/article/20120911/NEWS/209110319/VA-falls-behind-disability-ratings-overhaul

There was talk about revising the compensation tables to not only reflect loss in economic ability but loss of quality of life, etc. 

It seemed like in 2012 they were already behind schedule, so i think the overhaul has been pushed back further and in light of them having 'budgetary issues" this year.  This is also known as the VA wasting billions then complaining they are short billions...remember they are the ones right now blaming old financial management software on why they couldnt budget themselves....but they also spent half a billion to develop new financial management software and today have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, and by nothing i mean NOTHING to show for that expenditure.  Half a Billion and nothing not even a Beta prototype.  so its interesting they blame their bad financial management because they mismanaged the money meant to help them manage their money...only the VA....

It seems like this could be good, but could also be a way for the VA to screw over folks as well.+

I am convinced the VA is an Organized Criminal Enterprise and untold amounts of money are funneled for 'non-veteran' purposes.

Here's one of the smaller examples: https://www.disabledveterans.org/2015/09/29/va-oig-takes-action-against-ses-employees/?inf_contact_key=ad0ef7fb2ccde43f03f96bd72bd0dbd39b30f2dfed0ebbeafe3e669e20869473

• HadIt.com Elder

Ain't that the truth N.K.

If the VA does overhaul the VASRD, they will likely want it "revenue neutral", unless congress gives VA more money AND this money actually finds its way to needy Veterans and is not squandered by a corrupt and inefficient VA.  The VA got about 8 billion recently for "Veterans Choice", and this was mostly squandered on a VA hospital building overcharges and corrupt contractors and VA employees.  So, I understand why congress is reluctant to give Va more money...they just find a way to funnel it into va exec bonuses.    This means some Vets will benefit, some will be harmed.  Mostly, tho, Vets dont get squat.  

Edited by broncovet