VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chapter 35 Back pay

Rate this question

tsteck2010

Question

Alright, so I started college last fall and my dad just qualified for 100% disability over the summer, which they back-dated to February. According to the VA lady here at my school I should receive back pay for the housing allowance for the months that I was in school. I was just wondering if these payments would be direct deposited in the middle of a month or if they would only come on the first of the month, like the actual payments? I am asking because it is the first today and neither my brother nor myself received any payment. I am really curious if I am going to have to wait an entire month to receive that payment or if it could show up on some random day this month. Thanks!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I just remembered, the DEA recipient gets a C file number that is the same as the veteran's whose DEA produces the entitlement.

But that alone would not generate their own C file itself.

The election letter from your son might well be in your C file Broncovet, although it should have been sent to the VA Educational Dept here in Buffalo, but might have went to the VARO in Buffalo instead and they never forwarded it on. .

I am assuming too much, I think VA Edu in Buffalo handles most of the eastern USA  part of VA Chapter 35 claims.Maybe they have other departments elsewhere too.

I looked for a Chapter 35 dependent election, and could not locate it.  I still have a few hundred more pages I have been sifting through, tho.  

I was amazed at what I found...where a Va employee forged my name.