VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E-Mail to Allison Hickey pays off

Rate this topic

highoctane

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA problems will NEVER be completely fixed.  It suffers from all the myriad issues related to bureaucratic organizations, and has serious problems related to costs and funding. The situation starts with policy concerning war funding. and goes on from there.  As a nation, we no longer can afford many things that have been taken for granted in the past.

We no longer have an industrial base that basically won WWII. Our cities are falling apart. Our transportation systems are in dire straits. It's estimated that one percent or so of the world's population own about 50% of the wealth and resources. Our health care systems are much less than they should be , and at a higher ever increasing cost.

All we can hope for is that the most glaring problems are reduced, and hopefully in the near term..

Congratulations highoctane!!!!

Blessings to you and your family!!!

I have reached out to Ms Hickey as well regarding my dads claim and she has done an impeccable job on getting the ball rolling on his going on 40 year battle for compensation. I only pray like yours he will finally receive the compensation that he and so many other veterans deserve!!! We must never ever give up or loose faith..... Bless u and congrats!!! It gives other veterans and their loved ones such as myself hope that Justice will prevail eventually!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So Sad Allison Hickey Resigns  We will Miss Her!

17veterans-web-master675.jpg

Allison A. Hickey at a hearing held by the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs in July 2014. Ms. Hickey resigned from her position as under secretary for benefits at the Department of Veterans Affairs on Friday.  

The Department of Veterans Affairs administrator in charge of reducing the huge backlog of veterans benefits, who was a frequent target of critics, resigned on Friday despite a vast reduction in pending claims.

The administrator, Allison A. Hickey, became under secretary for benefits in 2011, overseeing 20,000 employees and benefits for more than 12 million veterans and their families. During her tenure, she emphasized a changeover from paper to digital claims, and the backlog in pending benefits claims declined from 611,000 in March 2013 to about 75,000 cases this week.

Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert A. McDonald praised her in a statement, calling her “an exceptional colleague and an even better friend,” and said he accepted the resignation with regret.

Edited by razinkane

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use