vlb-all-products.jpg

Get Every E-Book and Video with Member Discount Code HADIT2016

Popular Forums Common VA Disabilities

paulcolrain

DONT USE VSO

Question

paulcolrain    48

hasnt anyone figured out that the best way to decrease appeal time is to urge congress to stop allowing money for the VSO. as long as they are paid by the amount of people they have through the government coffers than we will never get what we need think about it folks. they need lengthy appeals so they get there money every year. if they fought and won every week than they would be brok because they just dont have that type of inventory and thats all we are to them is inventory and numbers. HEY HEY HEY,,, VSO MUST GO !!!!!

60 answers to this question

Buck52    2,731

If I used a VSO  I'd never let him/her submitt anything  unless he/she had my approval....first time he did I'd fire hiss ass. if he said  'it don't work like that  I submit what I think should be submitted''    I would say if you do. I'll contact who ever I need to contact and request your POA be voided.

Its a Hassle to get a POA void  But it can be done.

Always look over anything a VSO wants to send in ...  if he sends it without you knowing it first  its time to get rid of him/her.

jmo

..........Buck

• Like 1

broncovet    3,159

The DAV was forced to remove the charter from this DAV Chapter due to egrigarious violations:

http://chippewa.com/dunnconnect/news/local/local-dav-chapter-loses-charter/article_0f412046-c81c-11e0-8f41-001cc4c002e0.html

This article explains how the DAV could eliminate the backlog, but choses not to do so:

http://www.veteranspostnews.com/ImagesD/DAVXposed.htm

Be careful about using VFW also:

http://www.esecurityplanet.com/network-security/vfw-hacked.html

• Like 2

Chuck75    499

In my state the SO's are often employed by the state's veterans department. At the VARO, they represent the state and the service orgs more so than the veterans.

Individual county level reps are usually lower paid state reps.

broncovet    3,159

According to the BVA chairmans report, State VSO's have the worst record (of wins for the Veteran) of all.  Attorneys have the best record.  

Navy04    675

Thanks for the info, and so true bud. My local VSO was in the AF over 30 years, yet Never Deployed to any form of the Multiple Wars during his Tenure, yet he had enough nerve to question why so many War Vets are coming home with Disabilities!!!

Vync    1,331

VSO's come with their share of both good and bad experiences.

I worked my own claims because my VSO's typically just wanted to do as little as possible and shoo me out the door. One DAV rep at the Birmingham VAMC was exceptional though, but she retired. I also worked with a very helpful American Legion rep in another state. I have found it valuable to assemble my own claim with resources and help here at Hadit and then run it past a VSO for their "opinion". The typical response from the VSO was "wow".

I also leveraged the DAV VSO's at the Montgomery RO to get some information not available from the 1-800 number, but they tended to make me feel like I was wasting their time. They were only available Mon-Thurs and most of the time I had to leave a message, but they rarely called back within a week.

I switched to the Alabama State VA Dept of Veterans Affairs and the ones in Shelby County and at the Montgomery RO were excellent.