vlb-all-products.jpg

Get Every E-Book and Video with Member Discount Code HADIT2016

Popular Forums Common VA Disabilities

paulcolrain

DONT USE VSO

Question

paulcolrain    48

hasnt anyone figured out that the best way to decrease appeal time is to urge congress to stop allowing money for the VSO. as long as they are paid by the amount of people they have through the government coffers than we will never get what we need think about it folks. they need lengthy appeals so they get there money every year. if they fought and won every week than they would be brok because they just dont have that type of inventory and thats all we are to them is inventory and numbers. HEY HEY HEY,,, VSO MUST GO !!!!!

60 answers to this question

Sgt. Wilky    65

I used a VSO with good results. At least, I believe they were good. She was rabid, knowledgeable, and very detailed in her work. I've heard and read horror stories of both VSOs and other groups, so I think for those who know, you need to check around and do your research. Granted, many veterans may not know how, and I think the good Lord steered me into the right person (by using fellow veterans and coworkers).

• Like 1

Pete53    0

There are some good VSO's but by same token at the end of the day your claim is your responsibility. The VSO program was in place cause until recently Vets could not hire lawyers.

USMC_VET    350

Thanks for the info, and so true bud. My local VSO was in the AF over 30 years, yet Never Deployed to any form of the Multiple Wars during his Tenure, yet he had enough nerve to question why so many War Vets are coming home with Disabilities!!!

Awesome sauce.

just tell him you dont know i guess its just a little different then driving to to commissary and heading to applebees for a free veterans day meal.

• Like 3

USMC_VET    350

I had a DAV VSO tell me that I wouldn't get an increase, but I did. They are not doctors...

Ive found out the hard way that whenever a VSO tells me something 9/10 if i do the opposite i will be better off.

Next time a VSO tells you "oh you wont get this" tell him youll bet your POA on that.

• Like 1

Gastone    1,545

Let's say your correct, all VSO's and their Reps are worthless, I certainly don't agree. Who would you suggest that a Vet, new to VA claims, consult with?

All Vets generally  start the SC Claims journey, uneducated and ill prepared, as to VA rules, regs and procedures. A Vet certainly needs to exerciser his best judgment in selecting the VSO Rep to file his initial claim in order to establish his all important File Date. After the 1st claim is filed, it's all on the Vet, only a fool would set back and rely completely on the VSO to prosecute their claim.

When you look back at your own claims/appeals problems, was everything that went wrong, the fault of your VSO and or the Rascally VA Raters? I was very culpable in all the problems I experienced as I'm sure most Vets are. Lack of knowledge, procrastination and relying on a VSO can be very damaging to a Vet's claim/appeal.

Semper Fi

• Like 1