VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Got Rated

Rate this topic

briandalegm

Finally got a rating! I must admit to being quite surprised that from starting the process (April 2015) until receiving retro (today) was much faster than I could've anticipated. 7 years ago, I tried to file at the Denver, Colorado VA and they took a whole year to pretty much send me a letter calling me a liar. Nevertheless - I haven't received my percentage yet but some quick math indicates 60% perhaps.

I read something which says IF an FDC was filed between August 2013 and August 2015, Retro for a whole year (in addition to claim date) should be received. Is that true? I am asking because I received Retro for 5 months during claim processing but haven't received a year in addition to this. Is there something more I need to do to receive this 'extra' year incentive?

Thanks for all the help Hadit!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations!   Have you looked on ebenefits?  What percentage does it say?  As far as the effective date, VA errs in their favor often, and you can either appeal it or let it go.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!

Retro for an extra year only applies to the first time claim.  If you filed one before, you don't get it.

But gratz on your award.  Go to the front of EBenefits site, outside of your dashboard.  In the mid column, letters, check your AB8 letter.  Second one down I think, it should show your %.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use