VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to access in-service medical records

Rate this question

maingun

Question

Recently got 10% rating for tinnitus and 0% for hearing loss, but I had claimed on some other things they flat-out denied.  I'm planning to appeal, but it would be helpful to see my medical records, since I know these things were treated while in service.  The question is, how do I get a copy of those records?  Can anybody enlighten me?  Thanks for the help, fellow vets.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

maingun,

Welcome to the Hadit family.  Thank you for your service.  While you are on that website you should also request your military service file as well.  And you should request your C-file, since it will have any and all interactions with the VA.  Also if you aren't already logged on to the VA.gov website, create a password login and such.  Then you do the same for myhealthevet.  You will need a premium account to gain access to the "blue button" for downloading your VA visit notes and such.  No cost, but requires either double ID or a face to face with a rep to verify your id.  While everything should be in your C-file, myhealthevet does have a lot of info, especially anything since Jan of 13.

Myhealthevet is usually where you can see the notes from your C&P exams and verify that they wrote what was said during the exams.  Many don't, or even put "NO" answers where you answered "YES".

Since you are new to the game, it is very much in your favor to get these things lined up. 

Semper Fi.

Andyman