VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Estimated Completion Date

Rate this question

green

Question

My claim for secondary conditions has been in Preparation for Decision Status for about 6 weeks now.  I logged into EBeneifits after a couple weeks of being out of town and the Estimated completion date changed from October 27 - December 26 to "Estimated Completion: At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim."  As far as I know they have everything they need to decide the claim including all pertinent medical records and the completed C&P exam documentation.  I know you can't depend on EBenefits for accurate data but found it strange that the verbiage changed to what it currently reads.

I'd like to know what happened to the mobile ebenefits site as well, it provided information not available on the ebenefits regular site, it looks like they simply closed it down and rerouted the url to the standard website.  I suppose they feel better with vets having less information and knowing nothing.

Green

Edited by green

Green, I had the same thing happen to me on my appeal just yesterday.  The only difference is my appeal claim was saying in review for 3 months. Where is your RO?

Mine is Oakland!

Thanks, interesting the old mobile link is simply rerouted to the main page. 

And...... my claim for secondary conditions went to Pending Decision Approval today!

I had a C and P exam on Sept. 23, 2015 and the next day the claim moved to the Prep for Decision phase. Originally the estimated completion date was between 11/2015 and 12/2015. Then two weeks ago it went to, "At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim", as well. Feeling like I'm in VA Limbo. I know every claim is different but, is this estimated time generally favorable or a negative with regards to the actual completion date? Thanks!

it goes back and forth, i was in prep for decision phase for 3 months and given a completion date of april 2014, then scheduled for C&P and back to gathering evidence phase with no ecd, now back to prep for decision.  They will decide it when it gets decided nothing you can do relaly.