VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Estimated Completion Date

Rate this question

green

Question

My claim for secondary conditions has been in Preparation for Decision Status for about 6 weeks now.  I logged into EBeneifits after a couple weeks of being out of town and the Estimated completion date changed from October 27 - December 26 to "Estimated Completion: At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim."  As far as I know they have everything they need to decide the claim including all pertinent medical records and the completed C&P exam documentation.  I know you can't depend on EBenefits for accurate data but found it strange that the verbiage changed to what it currently reads.

I'd like to know what happened to the mobile ebenefits site as well, it provided information not available on the ebenefits regular site, it looks like they simply closed it down and rerouted the url to the standard website.  I suppose they feel better with vets having less information and knowing nothing.

Green

Edited by green

Thanks, should have figured as much. I clicked the link above and found something strange. It says I'm in the prep for decision phase and the phase completion date is/was 7/30/2015. The phase is completed but I'm still in it. Gotta love ebennies.

My status says Prep for Decision now but the mobile site shows the following....

• Preparation for Decision:
    The Veterans Service Representative has recommended a decision, and is preparing required documents detailing that decision. If more evidence is required, the claim will be sent back in the process for more information or evidence.
  • Phase Completion Date: 10/19/2015
  • Pending Decision Approval:
    The recommended decision is reviewed, and a final award approval is made. If it is determined that more evidence or information is required, the claim will be sent back in the process for more information or evidence.
  • Phase Completion Date: 10/19/2015

Green I'm in that same boat... My appeal says Pending Decision Approval since Friday!  So I hope to see a final movement to complete sometime this week.  I hope yours complete soon too. Good luck! 

It went back and forth several times this morning and has been in Preparation for Notification since noon.  I know that the time varies for people in terms of closure, since I filed for several secondaries it might take a while.  One thing I did notice is that it appeared as though when they worked through the secondary claims the claim date was removed under the Pending Disabilities sub-section under the Disabilities section of eBenefits.  Once all the dates were removed it went to "Preparation for Notification" and remained in that status.

Edited by green