VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

I filled a claim for PTSD in March 06. A few months later they sent me a request for stressor letter and I sent them 3 which could easily researched and verified. I have a total of 10 stressor letters, I am waiting on buddy statements for a couple of them. The others they will not be able to verify as they were from working as a reserve police officer while I was on active duty. My service record documents document I worked as a reserve police officer and deputy sheriff so they will just have to take my word for those stressors that the military cant verify.

A month ago one of the Physciatrist told me I exhibited signs of PTSD. A consult was put in for me and I went to the PCT Clinic on wednesday and had a four hour interview by two doctors which went very well. Remmeber this was not a C&P exam so there was no hostility by a examiner. Yesterday I saw a new Physchiatrist (the replacement for the one that assaulted me). He spoke as if he was sure I had PTSD and even explained to me what caused it and told me after being in law enforcement for 20 years I would never recover completley from it, and I will always be the way I am. :)

So now I am just waiting for the PTSD C&P Exam, which it seems to me that I will have a diagnosis of PTSD way before this C&P ever occurs. SO I THINK I HAVE WON THIS BATTLE :)

My VSO told me I would never win a PTSD Claim. B) same VSO who made this statement

Edited by FLHRCI

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

"My VSO told me I would never win a PTSD Claim"

I never listen to negatives---

If you have the diagnosis and can prove it is related to your service-by verified stressor---

I cannot imagine why a VSO would say something like this to you or to any veteran.

"My VSO told me I would never win a PTSD Claim"

I cannot imagine why a VSO would say something like this to you or to any veteran.

If you listen to the recording in the link in the start of this post then maybe you can understand why this VSO made this statement.............he is a &^%$#*@