Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jfrei

DRO SOC

16 posts in this topic

Is there a place to see the average time for a DRO to issue their SOC I just had my hearing on the 15th so I can imagine a long time ?

vlb-how-to-file.jpg

The BVA Chairmans report shows the average times.  Unfortunately, the times will be much longer that average because the BVA has about 40% more appeals this year than last.  

Loyal, I believe he looking for the time from NOD to DRO review and either a grant or SOC. Depending on the RO, its about 585 days for Oakland, about 6 months for Fort Harrison and around 600 days at Waco /Houston. Seattle was running about 480 last time I checked. 

Thanks, Alex.  Are these times factoring in the "extra long" BVA backlog for 2015 and 2016?  The BVA,  who had about 60,000 claims pending in 2014,  says at the current rate they will have 100,000 claims pending this year.   So, 600 days may be about 40% or so short, given the "new" (appeals backlog) that the VA does not seem to want to admit to.   

There is some chance, however, that the NOD  to SOC backlog actually improves, since this happens at the RO level.  I say dont count on that, tho, because most appeals to the BVA run through the DRO first.    I take this to mean the appeals backlog is getting worse, not just the BVA appeals backlog.  

Our corrupt politicians, looking to get re elected, are hungry for these 25 million Veteran votes.  This, I think is why we are given the dog and pony show where our politicians used smoke and mirrors to make the disability backlog disappear.  It belongs on the Carbanaro Effect, a hidden camera magic TV show.  

Of course, I wish this Veteran a great result, but I abhor the VA giving "false hope" that their new claim will be completed in 120 days.  My VSO did that also.  I would much rather tell this Veteran it could be 3 years or more, and have it come a year early.  

Edited by broncovet

How about Philadelphia and yes I was asking about my DRO de novo Hearing I just had.

Jfrei,

So you are asking the time from DRO hearing to DRO decision?   That should not be THAT bad.  You could get a decision in a few months,  or even less, but I dont think there is an average DRO hearing to decision published.