VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO SOC

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Is there a place to see the average time for a DRO to issue their SOC I just had my hearing on the 15th so I can imagine a long time ?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Loyal, I believe he looking for the time from NOD to DRO review and either a grant or SOC. Depending on the RO, its about 585 days for Oakland, about 6 months for Fort Harrison and around 600 days at Waco /Houston. Seattle was running about 480 last time I checked. 

Thanks, Alex.  Are these times factoring in the "extra long" BVA backlog for 2015 and 2016?  The BVA,  who had about 60,000 claims pending in 2014,  says at the current rate they will have 100,000 claims pending this year.   So, 600 days may be about 40% or so short, given the "new" (appeals backlog) that the VA does not seem to want to admit to.   

There is some chance, however, that the NOD  to SOC backlog actually improves, since this happens at the RO level.  I say dont count on that, tho, because most appeals to the BVA run through the DRO first.    I take this to mean the appeals backlog is getting worse, not just the BVA appeals backlog.  

Our corrupt politicians, looking to get re elected, are hungry for these 25 million Veteran votes.  This, I think is why we are given the dog and pony show where our politicians used smoke and mirrors to make the disability backlog disappear.  It belongs on the Carbanaro Effect, a hidden camera magic TV show.  

Of course, I wish this Veteran a great result, but I abhor the VA giving "false hope" that their new claim will be completed in 120 days.  My VSO did that also.  I would much rather tell this Veteran it could be 3 years or more, and have it come a year early.  

Edited by broncovet

Jfrei,

So you are asking the time from DRO hearing to DRO decision?   That should not be THAT bad.  You could get a decision in a few months,  or even less, but I dont think there is an average DRO hearing to decision published.  

I know my claim as she stated is extremely complicated as everyone will agreed. I just got back from the RO, my claim has so many different things happening car accident, alcohol, Service LOD which said was not willful misconduct, reports from NHSTA, Recalls received after my accident, GM admission accident was in no way my fault by 2 settlements listed in their internal investigation by FBI. So I have all my evidence learned from mistakes trying move on 10 years later GM is now in heat for this whole ignition switch defect which I found out this year all this information. My past posts about this incident I had know idea my name was in GM investigation. So yes I made a mistake by getting into the car apparently it would have happened if I was driving to base like LCPL Richard Bailey out at twenty-nine palms same defect in his car, and happened to him while he was wearing his seatbelt. My guess is she said to me is she will grant what she can. I have a CUE for their determination that it was willful misconduct after military said it wasn't 2010 and then the second is that new material evidence proves my accident was not my fault dated 2014. So is possible to grant one but not the other? I am not greedy just want care for my TBI while I can still provide for my family. If I am granted just service connection I could care less what the retro is my attorney might but I don't.