VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

opinion's filing claims if your already 90%combined or 100%

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I read here on hadit some times back that if a veteran files for another claim who is currently  either 90%combined TDIU  or 100%

Well some say that ''Rocks The Boat'' or usually VA don't like a veteran to file for a claim if she/him is already at 100%

is this true?

What about a new diagnose of something that can be military related  that ouccured years later after military  and that contention is a different disability all togather?

why would that be Rocking the Boat  and why would VA deny this particular claim?

Any opinions welcome or feedback

...........Thanks

...............Buck

as far as claiming, never fall prety to the fear of "rocking the boat".  In the end its all about the evidence and what you can prove.  If you have the evidence, IME's, SC proof, etc to make a valid and good claim for a SC disability or increase then do it.  If you have the evidence and history to show that your condition has not gotten better for an existing SC then you shouldnt be afraid either.  Could they re examine you and try to reduce? Sure, of course.  they did it to me.  I fought it an won, its not "hard" per say, but its just a stress and a pain to prove the truth. 

If you have a good claim never stop claiming even if you are at 100% or more.

Rocking the boat and getting dumped out was my main fear, 10-15 years ago.  And that kept me from filing serious evidence linked claims.  It was only this year that I even reached out to make waves by rocking my boat.  And shortly after that I found Hadit and learned that we need to rock the boat as hard as possible to make the biggest waves!  That way we can guarantee that our claims are taken seriously by the system.

So, Buck, Rock on!

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

I was TDIU P&T in 2007 when the VA did a CT scan of my left leg.  It indicated advanced calcification in some of my arteries.  I filed for this then as a condition secondary to DMII and AO exposure.   The reason I filed was because problems of this kind in my legs would likely be in my heart and brain as well.   The VA doctor agreed with me.  This was at a time when your PCP would write you a medical opinion.  I ended up using this claim to get SMC "S".  It also alerted me to possible heart and stroke problems down the line.  Now I have a cardiologist but not via the VA.   If you have any sort of claim that might result in your death or future real disability file on it.   I have been rocking the boat since 2001.  I just recently filed for reimbursement for a medical expense.  I was told there was no way I would get paid.  I got about $1000 bucks just the other day.

The VA's game is to tell you as little as possible about any rights you might have under their system as a disabled vet. Then they and VSO's try and discourage you from filing.   What you don't know does not cost them a dime.  For Vietnam vets many conditions that were originally NSC are now SC due to AO.  The VA had to pay big bucks to vets who filed for things like heart disease and Parkinson's even before they were SC.  New regs. included these things as connected to AO exposure.  What is NSC today may be SC next week.  File when in doubt.  When I began to have to take oral meds for DMII I filed for an increase.  No money but I want it documented that my DMII is not just a minor blip in my AIC.  I would bet that when the big bulge goes down the VA python's gut the VA may start looking around for ways to cut disability payments.  There are many politicians that consider us as about one step ahead of Welfare Mothers.   That would include many doctor's and administrators at your local VA.   File that claim for your own protection.

squeeky wheels get the grease, make some noise until they oil ya.

The cant deny or reduce claims if they are never claimed, the VA especially through VSO's spreads this false gospel of

"be happy with ___%"

"Dont make another claim you could make them reduce you"

"You are stealing from other vets"

Personally i feel the US Government should look at how many vets are in the VA system...average the % and times by vets in the system then times 2.  Divide by how many have served in that timeframe THEN have to set aside that amount per man/woman that joins when they join so they money is there, paid up and waiting for vets instead of yearly appropriations and less money than can go around.  This would be on top of the VA budget for medical

john999,

It's funny that you mentioned us being only one step ahead of welfare moms.  They did nothing to support our country or serve our country...and didn't get injured or sick in the process.  We did, but we are deemed only a little better than them? They don't have to prove how their babies inhibit their lives or future earnings, but we do. And we have to prove that it happened while in the service, or because of a service related injury.  Sounds like we are two steps behind them.  No one ever talks about reducing or cutting the welfare chunk of the annual Fed budget.  But they sure do try that every year for the VA and Veterans.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Andyman73 and john999,
Sorry, I don't t mean to steer this away from the original topic, but you guys are on to something important. In the 1990's, a friend of mine had to go on German welfare due to being laid off. I am not sure if it is still the same now, but they forced them to go to job interviews and there was a lot of shaming going on. There was no holding out for the right job. Either you went or you didn't get welfare benefits.  I don't see anything remotely close to that happening around here.

Edited by Vync