VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• 2023-foeum-banner.jpg

• red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

Ask Your VA Claims QuestionThe LatestVeterans Crisis Line

red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

• Show Your Support for HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran - Wear With Pride - You are part of a 25 Year Tradition of Veterans Help Veterans through the VA Disability Claims Process.

Check Out All The Ways To Show Your Support! 2022-11-16_06-22-29.png

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

You May Get A Call From The Veterans Disability Commission

https://www.1888932-2946.ws/vetscommission/

e-documentmanager/gallery/Documents/

November_2006/SurveyNotice_Nov06-Apr07.pdf

I have made it CLEAR to my wife if they call her, she is NOT to answer ANY Medical, Physical, or Financial questions. There are so many scams going on now, it would seem that they would have more intellegience than to simply call on the phone and expect a veteran or his spouse to begin giving out private confidential information to someone you don't know. Does this Commission actually think veterans TRUST them after what they have tried to pull so far? The Veterans Service Organizations should have access to and be able to verify each and every survey they claim to receive. I would not mind telling them in a written survey what I think of the health benefits and my thoughts that the va disability payments are too low especially for 100% combat service-related vets, and that the COLA's are simply NOT keeping up with rising costs!

==========================================

Surveys Scheduled to Begin - November 2006

The Veterans’ Disability Benefits Commission is conducting a special survey of disabled veterans and a separate survey of survivors during the months of November 2006 through April 2007. The purpose of these surveys is to ensure that a nationally representative sample of both groups are given the opportunity to share their views and experiences with the Commission and Congress.

The surveys are being carried out by telephone interviews by ORC Macro, an independent research company that conducts surveys for the government and the private sector. Participants are contacted first in writing, followed by a phone call to either conduct the survey or arrange a more convenient time to talk. In some instances, participants may simply receive a phone call.

The surveys ask questions about the individual’s health status, life satisfaction, health care and employment. Participation in the survey is voluntary and extremely important because everyone selected to take part will help to give us a clearer picture of the effects of service-connected disability in the lives of veterans and survivors.

The Commission will use the survey results to develop its report and recommendations to Congress about benefits for service-disabled veterans and survivors. This final report will be available after October 2007 on this website.

If you are contacted and asked to participate: please do! You will be the voice for many other veterans or survivors like yourself.

If you are NOT contacted, please note that our sample was drawn randomly to represent all disabled veterans and surviving spouses. We cannot accept volunteers for the survey because we must assure accurate representation of all disabled veterans and survivors. Adding volunteers would bias this representation.

We appreciate your time and value your input. Please email us at veterans@vetscommission.com , if you have questions or concerns about these surveys

-------My suggestion would be that everyone e-mail the Commission at the above e-mail address and express concern about privacy and phone call surveys, and also to ask if the Veterans Service Organizations will have access to each survey in order to verify not only that it came from a legit veteran, but that the veteran agrees with the answers that are on the surveys. REMEMBER THE SUGGESTION TO TAKE VA COMPENSATION DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR FROM YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK? REMEMBER THE SUGGESTION TO BUY OUT FOR PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR THOSE WHO ARE RATED 30% AND UNDER?

Edited by jessejames (see edit history)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rickb54

Jesse,

you have made some valid points. It might not be a good idea to tell then anything unless it can really benefit the veteran. I just don't see the vets commission helping vets.

"PHISHING" FOR VETERANS -- Veterans' Benefits Administration (VBA)

warns of attempts to get veterans to hand over personal information.

Don't give any information to anyone claiming to be the VA.

All information on VA data theft on this page... http://www.vawatchdog.org/va%20data%20theft%20news.htm

I received an email today from the VBA that is being circulated to a number of veterans' groups.

It appears that the "phishers" are out and preying on veterans.

Here's a reminder...

The VA will NOT email you and ask for personal information!!!The VA will NOT call you and ask for personal information!!!

Do NOT give ANYONE personal information who claims to be from the VA or ANYONE who is claiming to help you prevent identity theft.

Email below:

---------------

To: All,

We have received a report from the resident agent of the VA Office

of Inspector General in Nashville, TN. Referring to the recent

loss of veteran data, he states that reports have been received from

veterans of attempts to "phish" personal data. According to the

OIG, veterans are reporting that they have been contacted by

the "VA." The contacts are to "confirm" their personal data to

assist in the recovery of their information, or that the "VA needs

their DOB and SSN to see if they were in data base that was stolen"

Obviously VA is doing none of those things.

The message does not relate as to whether the contacts are by phone

or email, nor does it identify geographic locations. We have

researched this with the Homeland Security Operations Center (HSOC)

as well as through our own networks and have been unable to

corroborate this report. However, it seems to be a very likely

occurrence.

Please send up any similar reports that you receive to this office

concurrently with reporting to your local OIG office. The HSOC will

also be monitoring and will provide us with any updates or

information they get.

---------------

Jesse -you made some very good points-

I just read this at VA Watchdog and wondered why someone from the commission could call a vet but DROs and raters could too- to clarify claims issues and they don't.

It is even in the DRO job description that they can call the claimant and discuss the claim but I guess they never do.And Vet reps are known not to return calls-

yet they expect vets to respond to this survey by phone?

I have been getting some odd email -it says VALOANS in the header and today one said VeteransLoanSource and said they can get a fast approval on VA loans but it seems to just be a company looking for anyone eligible for a VA loan.

I noticed the email addy that sends these emails-- a bunch of numbers then 'knockoutgames'.

I have never played any game on the net at all- and wonder how they got my addy.

I guess there are plenty of people out there looking for ways to scam veterans.

In light of the data theft you would think they would send the survey by mail with their letterhead on it.I imagine a phone call for a survey like this would upset many veterans who don't expect it.

• 1 month later...
I hope they call me.

Just got my phone solicitation from the VDC telemarketers.

Told the gal that I didn't see any sense in taking the time since

the Democrats were in charge now and they'd appoint their

own commission if they wanted a study of the VA system done.

She kept trying and I kept denying. Worked for me. (Unless I'm

about to get a knock on my door!) :P

Ralph

I heard they are calling DIC widows too---

I would LOVE to get that call.

Hey, if you guys run outta ammo, just let me know.

I got yer back,over.

usn308

when I worked at the P.O. if someone called and says this is Sgt. so and so from the state police and I want to know about this or that, we were not aloud to tell them anything over the phone. No matter who they say they are, you don't know who is on the other end. Send the questions in writing only.