VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success! 100% P&T, No Future Exams

Rate this topic

Julie1975

Just wanted to update you all and let you know I received my BBE two days ago and it was just as eBenefits stated, 100% P&T, no future exams with a list of benefits and an effective date of 1 Dec 2013 for my kids education eligibility.  They also CUE'd themselves on one 0% item effective date, which didn't make any difference at all. Yesterday I forced myself to go downtown to the property tax office with my BBE and apply for the 100% property tax exemption they so graciously give us here in Texas.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that they backdate it one tax cycle, meaning I'll be receiving all monies I paid into my property taxes back from Jan 2014. Considering we pay around $750 a month in property tax, that equates to a large chunk of change and the savings each month on our mortgage is life-changing. I did splurge and spend $150 on something I wanted but am afraid to spend anything else. 

Navy04- Thanks for sharing your story. You hit the nail on the head when you said the balloon is deflated...I definitely need to find a hobby now since checking eBenefits is no longer on the table. :) 

That's great, Julie!  Don't forget to vote too!  I think next week is the final election day for the Proposition election here in Texas, and there is one Proposition on the ballot that not only continues to allow the spouse of veterans who are 100% disabled to continue to receive property tax exemptions, but it will now allow for retroactive support for spouses whose veteran husband/wife passed away before the earlier law was established.  Have a great weekend!

Mark

Julie, first of all, a BIG congratulations to you on your well deserved win.  I completely understand the emotions you are experiencing right now, as I am also a mother and have worked hard all of my life(im 39 years old), to support my family.  I am currently rated 80% combined for systemic lupus and major depression/memory loss secondary to lupus, and once i lost my job of eight years in sep 2015, i felt like a failure.  I too am embarrased and grateful at the same time, because i feel there are other vets that deserve benefits more and are not yet receiving them, and i have experienced plenty of negative comments, from former coworkers and even family, that made me feel that, due to my young age, nothing could be bad enough to keep me from working.  This site, the vets/family here, have kept me sane along with my children, parents and supportive friends who have witnessed my 11 hospitalizations in the past year alone, and i will continue trying to help as many other vets as i can, i live close to ft bragg so i have some neighbors i am currently helping.  Bottom line is, you volunteered, like all of us, to serve your country, and you deserve every penny, and always remember everyone on this site cares and will be here to help yoy if needed.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use