VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success! 100% P&T, No Future Exams

Rate this topic

Julie1975

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!

Thanks everyone for your replies and support. I feel better about it this morning and have checked eBenefits and my bank a million times over the weekend to make sure nothing has changed. :D 

Congrats on the Good News, and I too just recently went to Permanent. I am only 33 with a wonderful wife and 2 young daughters. My wife takes care of me, and works as a waitress. This too was hard for me as I have been full time student with 3 degrees, and worked multiple jobs along with doing well in the Military, and now I sit at home and wait for my wife and kids to get home to tell me about their day. This has been a difficult 2 years for me since I came home, but at the end of the day, we did not ask to be SICK or DISABLED, and its ok to feel the way we do. A HOMELESS VET in NEW ORLEANS, told me once, "IF GOOD HONEST VETS DONT APPLY AND RECEIVE THE BENEFITS THAT WE DESERVE, THEN ALOT OF DISHONEST VETS AND FOLKS, WILL GET IT ANYWAYS". What I am trying to say is that I myself was very embarrassed at first, and to this day everyone gives my wife a hard time at her job, cause a lot of them think that I lay up on her, and don't do anything with my life. But in fact we have a very nice home on the Lake and own everything but our home. We are very private with our life, so people assume how we are. My mother always said, if you tell people everything, they will either support you or judge everything about you. I choose to stay private with my little circle of family. You are a very special person, and I am sure a Wonderful Wife and Mother, and that is all that your husband and kids can ask for. You feel the way you do, cause now the battle is over, and you are looking for the next challenge in life to take on. I fought with the VA for 3 years, multiple Reviews, always worried about the VA looking over my shoulder, so I always had the AMMO ready for the next move. So last month when I became Permanent, it was GREAT NEWS, but in a way my BALLLOON was deflated, as we are so used to being on the DEFENSE. Good luck, God Bless, and I truly wish you and your family the best. Just Give Them a Big Hug and Kiss today and everything will be alright.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use