VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After Appeal C&P Exam Timeline

Rate this question

AppealingMarine

Question

Hey all,

I recently found this site and I have searched everywhere on these questions (which may have been posed, but I could not find it). I am a OIF Infantry Marine veteran that has been in the appeal process for 5 years now and I had my appeal appointment to get checked out again this past summer. My question was basically what is the average timelime after the "recheck" appointment to get some sort of decision back? I have called the VA benefits customer service numerous times in the past 4 months and my appeal has been stuck at my regional office since. My ebenefits says this "Your appeal has been sent back for further development by the Board to the Appeals Management Center or to the office that made the original decision on your case." with the status of "remanded appeal". What does this all mean? Am I close to seeing my decision?

I am just getting a little nervous about my financial situation since I have a newborn. My wife and I are praying this could help us out. Thank you for answering this.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

AppealingMarine,  am I correct in saying your appeal had gone to BVA? If so, sounds like it was remanded for additional evvidence/c&p exams, which you have already had. At this point, the RO should attempt(notice I said attempt) to readjucate your claims, and if still denied, it will be sent back to BVA again. Did you receive any notification from the Board of Veterans Appeals that your appeal was being remanded? Hopefully one of the moderators will step in here, also it would help to know what your claim/claims are, date of the c&p, and what letters you have received from VA recently. Best of Luck to you!