VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success! Finally Sleep Apnea Approved @ BVA

Rate this topic

pepperD

• 7 months later...

9 months later and still no compensation from RO for BVA's award of service connection of sleep apnea. Frustrating!!!  Can someone shed some light how this process may work. I saw in my medical records where RO mention the SA award when asking for a medical opinion of a VA doc for my heart condition.  Hear condition awarding in letter received yesterday, still no award on the SA. 

Do I need to worry that RO has lost something and dropped the ball?  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks

Yes, you need to worry the RO dropped the ball.  You need the BVA favorable decision implemented.  9 months is plenty long for you to start taking the following actions:

1.  Send IRIS email (keep a copy) and asking as the status of the implemtation decision for your sleep apnea.  

2.  Call and document the time and date you called with a similar inquiry.

3.  Send a letter to evidence intake center and RO "asking" them to comply with the board decision and award sleep apnea.  

4.  Make sure your address is up to date so you get all correspondence.  (well this should be first).  

5.  Contact your VSO, if you have one, and inform him of the problem.  Dont take "its the backlog" as an answer.  

6.  Consider a writ of mandamus compelling the RO to implement your board decision and award apnea.  

The VARO jerked me around for 3 years implementing my board decision, until I contacted Allison Hickey.  This should not happen.  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

It pisses me off to no end when the examiner Doc's try there best to stop our claim from being awarded   when we have all the evidence in plain sight for them....I guess its just a control thing for them  to see how much power they have to mess up a veterans claim ...I don't believe they get bonus for  lying and messing up our claim  I believe its a control power thing.

We have a Dr Examiner at our VAMC that turns the vets claims 360  and most vets now ask that he not be the examiner for thre C&P  LOOKS like the  VA C&P director would pick-up on this.  but as for as I KNOW  that Dr is still there.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use