VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Explain the SMC requirement

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Keep the door open for a SMC claim but if the VA gets it right they should award it based on the ancillary benefit SMC is.

J

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome back Bergie!

As info, the Google search links may not be fully functional from that site directly. Due to T-Bird changing the site, she said they should be updated by the end of the month. I had to login to Hadit and perform a search in order to find what I wanted.

WOW, I've never been accused of not researching a topic before asking a question and I didn't know there was a quota on the number of times vets ask a question in a search for help. I myself am a "Content Contributor," and as such I've been asked many questions over and over again. So to get an answer like the 1st from "Asknod" has me scratching my head. I would have rathered you just ignored the question instead of providing a rude and personally insulting opinion of something that occurs everyday on this website. If redundant questions bother you it would be best to ignore them, because a comment like your first might insult a vet and drive him or her away for fear of indignation if they ask a question that "YOU" think has been covered many times already...That being said I appreciate the 2nd response you gave, it provides some of the exact info I was looking for but also raises more questions. However, I'll hold those questions for fear of being insulted...

I hope I didn't insult anybody!!!    

• HadIt.com Elder

Folks, Bergie is a very old and dear friend of Mine and Hadit too. He has contributed countless hours to this site. He has been on extended hiatus and now he is back. I know folks don't like repetitive questions but since Hadit has changed servers the search engine is lacking as I have searched for things that just aren't there like the Hadit Disability calculator.

Until the issues are resolved, If someone asks a question regardless of how repetitive it may seem to be it should be answered. Were about helping veterans. If you feel upsets you on a repetitive question, then don't answer. We have ASKNOD on the radio show tonight so folks can lsiten. Alex will touch on the SMC issues as he is the guru on this subject with a very keen way of delivering his message. 

To listen at the 7pm eastern show just copy or click this link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haditcom/2015/11/05/haditcom-blog-talk-radio-show-wednesday-110415-700-pm-eastern-asknod

It is my opinion that with regards to SMC there is a great deal of frustration for any given vet to understand the burden of proof to apply and receive an award of SMC, other than SMC-K. I have a wealth of medical knowledge but find it extremely frustrating and challenging to read and re-read the VA-SMC guidelines, and determine if I am qualified to receive it. In this matter I rely on the members of Hadit, to help me as I have helped many in the past. I see by the responses a mixed range of answers and responses. Such that, even some of you that provided answers have been incorrect. I would like to reach out to AskNod for advice because I recognize that he has a wealth of knowledge on this topic, but I'm hesitant. It speaks volumes that my question has been asked over and over again, why, because even when explained people continue to have confusion on the subject. I like AskNods 2nd reply and it would be a great idea if he could expunge further on the topic. I consider myself very capable at researching a topic, but find this topic intimidating. So I can't imagine how others must feel about SMC. Again, I apologize for my ignorance...