VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Good News - I won my CUE for SMC-S retro to 2006 !

Rate this topic

HitemStraight

This is Fantastic news!!!!!!

And proves that sometimes a Reconsideration Request will work.

On my SMC CUE, I too had asked for Reconsideration and got a bunch of BS in reply...they even tried to make up a regulation but could not produce it when I asked for it.

In my case the Recon Request just allowed VA to fart around,longer,  hoping my NOD time frame would run out .

It was won at the Nehmer VARO but ( 2 separate CUE issues) that only took 6 (SIX) years!

The worse CUE of all is the one that is never filed!

I am Very happy for you!!!!!!!!!

My VARO could have easily awarded my CUEs right from the git -go. I sent in all of my legal evidence with the initial CUE claims,along with the rating sheet of the CUEd decision..

I hope this encourages others with similar CUE issues.

BTW what RO is this ?

Edited by Berta

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!!!

Thanks to all for your comments !!

I think Bertha is right - “The worse CUE of all is the one that is never filed”. If you feel that you have a CUE and the facts and law are on your side – file it. Remember, my CUE was obvious and a clear example of the law (38 CFR 4.26 – bilateral factor) not being applied. Cover all the bases before filing !

I was reluctant to provide the name of the VARO as I was concerned they might get inundated with emails, however, after some thought, I believe they should be recognized for the great job they did in correcting this error. True, the error should not have occurred to begin with, however, they were quick to realize their error, once pointed out to them, and to fix it in a timely, efficient manner.

Too often the RO's are criticized for the difficult work they have to do. I think in this case the RO and the benefits team there should be commended for a job well done.

I do not want to identify any individuals I dealt with, however, good job done at Togus, ME VARO.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use