VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr Ellis IMO thoughts?

Rate this question

Navy ELT to EMT-P

Question

Hi All.  My claim for Sleep apnea, Hypertension and Rhinitis just hit the "pending decision phase".  I dont know how it will turn out but I wanted to post a copy of my IME/Nexus from Dr Ellis.  I am curious about your thoughts.

By the way, his practice is very vet friendly and the cost of the exam and report was 500.

Expert Medical Eval_2.pdf

4 answers to this question

The way he referred to your SMRs is very good.

Was this done to overcome a negative C & P exam?

No this was actually done prior to my C/P.  I filled a FDC and assumed that he would also fill out DBQs.  He is defiantly a advocate but he will not fill out a DBQ, he feels that the checkbox format limits his way to express his military decision making.  My C/P exam was done by a contracted provider.  The doc seemed, by her questions to be looking for evidence to support my claims, but who knows....

Like he says, I had symptoms of sleep apnea in the service but was not diagnosed until 5 years after discharge.  I know that this would be a tough claim so I wanted to have all my ducks in a row. 

On my hypertension, I had several readings in the service, towards the end with by diastolic above 90.  That should have probably been referenced also as my claim is for HTN as a primary SC condition.  This sets me up to have it as a secondary.  

I have pretty strong buddy statements from a shipmate and my wife as well.  

Thank you for your thoughts as always

Edited by Navy ELT to EMT-P

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use