VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Related to fibromyalgia

Rate this question

invisible

Question

I just recieved my determination for Fibromyalgia. They listed it as a disability, denied SC, but in the notes listed enviromental hazard. What does this mean? I wasn't expecting to be approved, since at the last moment, my primary PCM declined to fill out the Questionaire. Just wondering if anyone had any insight. Out of all the labs they took, the odd one was the Epstein Barr. I am not sure if that is to confirm, rule out FM... IDK. Thanks in advance for any insight!

fibromyalgia Not Service Connected

Environmental Hazard in Gulf War

Basically, what I am most confused about is that they denied SC but in the notes section stated Enviromental Hazard in Gulf War. Does Gulf War related file have to be filed first, before fibro can be SC? I understand the medical side much more than I am experienced with the VA technicality side, hence why I am here now, asking questions. 

invisible,

SA=Sleep Apnea, and OSA=Obstructive Sleep Apnea.

I have sleep apnea, and during my sleep study my pulseOx dipped as low as 73%!  And during the first 2 hours of the study, which I was not wearing a CPAP, I had roughly 90 apneas in 120 minutes!!!!!!!

Semper Fi.

Andyman

invisible,

SA=Sleep Apnea, and OSA=Obstructive Sleep Apnea.

I have sleep apnea, and during my sleep study my pulseOx dipped as low as 73%!  And during the first 2 hours of the study, which I was not wearing a CPAP, I had roughly 90 apneas in 120 minutes!!!!!!!

Semper Fi.

Andyman

Yikes! My doctor said that 81% was bad, I assumed that it was bad but 73 is significantly lower! Now I understand the SA... I think in terms of SA branching off to either CSA and OSA or a combo of both, and just "SA" threw me a curve ball. I guess my medical terminology class is actually helping me over complicate these short hand abbreviations here. Thanks for the input!

You're welcome! I actually learned those terms from here on Hadit!

Yeah, that would explain why I always woke up feeling like I hadn't slept.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Andy for helping explain the acronyms.

You would assume that if you served in areas covered by presumptives that the VA would recognize that. I guess even when evidence is glaring them in the face, you still have to take the extra steps to connect those dots for them.

Part of your problem may be that you have a Sleep Apnea Diagnosis.  Sleep Apnea causes all of the symptoms of Fibromyalgia.  You can have both, but the VA will deny Fibro and say that SA is causing the symptoms. You have to use the CPAP machine, and show that it is working, but you are still having the Fibro symptoms.  

Go to this link  http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.jsp and search Fibromyalgia.  Read the decisions and it will give you a lot of information on why they deny or approve the claim.  Also if you haven't already check out this self help guide.  It gives a lot of good information.  http://www.ngwrc.org/docs/2013 NGWRC Self-Help Guide.pdf