VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone been rated for Pancreatitis?

Rate this question

garion

Question

From my C&P exam, it looks like I fall under the 100% for Pancreatitis.  I also have Anemia and Diabetes.  Have anyone on the board been rated for Pancreatitis? 

Does the Veteran have any of the following symptoms attributable to any pancreas conditions or residuals of treatment for pancreas conditions?
[X] Yes [ ] No If yes, check all that apply:
[X] Abdominal pain, confirmed as resulting from pancreatitis by appropriate laboratory and clinical studies If checked,
indicate severity and frequency of attacks (check all that apply):
[X] Severe (disabling)
Indicate number of attacks of Severe (disabling) abdominal pain in the past 12 months:
[ ] 0 [ ] 1 [ ] 2 [ ] 3 [ ] 4 [ ] 5 [ ] 6 [ ] 7 [X] 8 or more
[X] Other symptoms, describe:
Veteran states he awakens at night he awaken and loses his bowel(defication) .
b. Does the Veteran have any of the following signs or findings attributable to any pancreas conditions or residuals of treatment for pancreas conditions?
[X] Yes [ ] No If yes, check all that apply:
[X] Steatorrhea
If checked, describe frequency and severity:
Veteran states greacy foul smelling stools 3 times per week.
[X] Diarrhea
If checked, describe frequency and severity:
Veteran states has loose and watery diarrhea.
Veteran states his last severe episode was 4 days ago.

Below is the Criteria for 100%...

Pancreatitis, total pancreatectomy, and partial pancreatectomy: With all of the following ..... 100%
Daily or near-daily debilitating attacks of pancreatitis with few pain-free intermissions;
Two or more signs of pancreatic insufficiency (such as steatorrhea, diabetes, malabsorption, diarrhea, and malnutrition); and Unresponsive to medical treatment.

~With the following .. 60%
Seven or more documented attacks of pancreatitis per year with at least one sign of pancreatic insufficiency (such as steatorrhea, diabetes, malabsorption, diarrhea, or malnutrition) between acute attacks.

~With any of the following .. 30%
Three to six documented attacks of pancreatitis per year with at least one sign of pancreatic insufficiency (such as steatorrhea, diabetes, malabsorption, diarrhea, or malnutrition) between acute attacks;

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I can't answer until the bva makes a decision.... and I would be glad to... since I was hospitalized with pancreas disease  and have been sick with it forever.. anything else I say means nothing unless the bva helps me...