VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

How Do I Get Seen At Va Clinic

Sgt eve

Question

Hi, as some of you read my previous posts I was awarded 60%. My award has an effective date of Oct 5, 2005. Since then I have been seen by my private Dr. for the conditions awarded. I pay co-pays everytime I see the Dr. and co-pays for the perscriptions. Am I entitled to a refund for those? I'm not tring to be greedy but I feel that I told them I had these conditions/issues and they took so long for a rating? Can I be seen at a VA clinic now, how do I start that? THANK YOU SO MUCH! B) Oh also in my rating decision paperwork it has an application for vocational rehab. Why did they send that to me? Should I apply for it? Thanks for all your guys' help :)

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

7 answers to this question

They should refund anything you paid for the SC conditions meds back to the retro date.

I forget where you send this request-hope others chime in-

What I did- years ago- was I got a print out from the VA of all of my husband's meds they owed Co-pay on.I sent that in with his 100% SC award letter- but I dont recall where I sent it.

I dont think it went to the RO. ?????

PS- Voc Rehab can be a two edged sword- if you do well in Voc Rehab they might well try to mess with your 60%- if you are not working- I wish they have sent you the TDIU form instead-

Are you employed- do your SC disabilties prevent you from working (to include the side affects of the SC meds)?

Edited by Berta (see edit history)

Hi, as some of you read my previous posts I was awarded 60%. My award has an effective date of Oct 5, 2005. Since then I have been seen by my private Dr. for the conditions awarded. I pay co-pays everytime I see the Dr. and co-pays for the perscriptions. Am I entitled to a refund for those? I'm not tring to be greedy but I feel that I told them I had these conditions/issues and they took so long for a rating? Can I be seen at a VA clinic now, how do I start that? THANK YOU SO MUCH! B) Oh also in my rating decision paperwork it has an application for vocational rehab. Why did they send that to me? Should I apply for it? Thanks for all your guys' help :)

you should of got a pice of mail telling you that you are eligible for med treatment, either way go to the nearest va and go to where they make VA ID cards for service connected and get the card ask them where to go from there, most likley will start with sending you to see general medicine, and then any referals will come slowly.............

as far as reimbursement forget it, I would be rich if I could get reimbursed, the vocrehab letter is standard for someone gettting a rating, should you apply, well depends on your situation, something to think about

• HadIt.com Elder

Fill this out:

http://www.va.gov/1010ez.htm

Take it, mail it, etc., to you nearest VA Medical Center or to your nearest VA Community Clinic.

Or, Call VA’s Health Benefits Service Center, toll free at 877-222-VETS (8387), Monday through Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. eastern. They'll usually just take your info over the telephone and check their records that they have at your local RO (by computer, while you are talking with them).

from their web-site:

"VA will provide you priority access to care if you are a veteran who:

Needs care of a service-connected disability or

Are 50 percent service-connected or higher and need care for any condition.

In this case, VA will schedule you for a primary care evaluation within 30 days of desired date. If your outpatient appointment cannot be scheduled within this timeframe, VA will arrange to have you seen within 30 days at another VA health care facility or obtain the services on fee basis, under a sharing agreement or contract at VA expense."

G-d Bless.

Go to the nearest V A and show them the award letter. You will be assigned to priority group 1 and you will only have to provide health insurance and demographic date. There will be no pharmacy co pays for you are above 50 percent.