VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Member Carlie with the Angels - A Huge Loss for Veterans

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

Brothers and Sisters - Our CarlieCash had a heart attack Thursday and flatlined at home, 911 was able to get a heartbeat again, but to much time had passed. She is in a coma and recovery is not possible. Her wife Lucy has been handed the difficult task of letting her go and her decision is to wait until Veterans Day to honor Carlie and to let her go to her reward then. I am sure that Lucy and Carlie would appreciate all prayers and kind thoughts sent their way. I am heartbroken.

Their address

Lucy Croft

1702 - 55th St So
Gulfport, FL 33707

Read others thoughts and yours here in our fallen comrades forum 

Edited by Tbird

I want to help Lucy any way I can. Carlie had information tht kept me moving on my own issues I love Carlie and I love Lucy.

I think we all want to do what we can for Carlie and her partner.

This is the first time since I left Vietnam that I have any feelings about death including my father and mother. I can only say that here because I feel safe enough. I think Carlie finally made that happen and I want to thank you Carlie. Almost human again.

Rest without pain.

Carlie has helped so many vets, including myself. I learned so much reading her posts and even though I didn't know her personally, one thing is certain, she always put her brothers and sisters first and will be missed. Lucy, I hope you're able to find the strength to find peace through this nightmare. Peace be with you all.....

Edited by ncjoe1970

I am not a man of faith, but if I were, I would think Carlie as a saint.  She IS kind and she IS wise and EVER so giving.  Best wishes and good journey. My thought s go out to you and your loved ones.