VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Member Carlie with the Angels - A Huge Loss for Veterans

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

Brothers and Sisters - Our CarlieCash had a heart attack Thursday and flatlined at home, 911 was able to get a heartbeat again, but to much time had passed. She is in a coma and recovery is not possible. Her wife Lucy has been handed the difficult task of letting her go and her decision is to wait until Veterans Day to honor Carlie and to let her go to her reward then. I am sure that Lucy and Carlie would appreciate all prayers and kind thoughts sent their way. I am heartbroken.

Their address

Lucy Croft

1702 - 55th St So
Gulfport, FL 33707

Read others thoughts and yours here in our fallen comrades forum 

Edited by Tbird

She helped MANY veterans and we appreciate the time she took to help.; .. prayers to the loved ones and may God comfort Lucy.

Carlie made a difference in this crazy old world, and for that I salute her. !!!

My heart and prayers go out to Carlie and Lucy.  Like many others on Hadit, I also reaped the benefits of Carlie's vast knowledge of the VA claims process.  Her absence will leave a huge void on the Hadit website but her past posts on Hadit which continue to be available for the benefit of veterans and family members will keep her spirit alive. 

God bless Carlie and Lucy.

Georgiapapa

Carlie has received some wonderful tributes at VBN (Veterans Benefit Network).

One member ( I think he is a mod there) said they have not received official word of her passing.

Once the Obituary is published it will probably appear in this search engine:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesunion/obituary-search.aspx?daterange=3&firstname=Carla&lastname=Croft&countryid=1&stateid=12&affiliateid=all

If anyone has a link elsewhere to the obituary, can you post that link at VBN as well as here?

I am not a VBN site member. Thanks.

• Founder

The pain hits me in waves, I try to disconnect to work and then it hits me again and over and over again. She was my closet friend and confidant. We could talk for hours. The first time we met I got us a hotel room and we stayed up all night talking by the 3rd night we were losing our voices, it is a memory I cherish. It's so very tough. She was one in a million.

I only hope I lead as many to success as she did. A great inspiration to any who hear the calling. Our loss is Heaven's gain-but far too soon.