VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Alj Hearing Decision---- Not Granted

Rate this question

KennyJ

Question

Well had ALJ hearing in September and was denied ..The judge wenty through records of the last 2 and half years and stated bits and pieces about records.. Most of this stuff she quoted was from 2004. Not from current medical records. I had depression hearing April 2005 by my VAMC and they said GAF was 55. I also have degenerative arthritis of knees, benign hypertension, Bi lateral ulnar nerve neuropathy, allergic rhitinis, anemia and sleep apnea. She the judge said that in her opinion with my age (43) and education(AAS degree) that I am (not)disabled. Whoa .... What next

Edited by KennyJ

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Rick you are right I live in NC and it is very hard it seems to get SSD here. I did get a letter from my Medical Doctor stating she in her opinion I couldn't work but the judge didn't mention that in her denial either. I will get another letter from my doctor that will be more precise and to the point.

its all a crap shoot .. i applied in oregon and had 2 VA doctors and 2 IMO and all said the same and i had a report done by one doctor saying i can not work and still the state said i could work and their proof was based in three items.. one i was able to fly on a plane myself, two i was able to visit my children and three i did my application on line so that ment i was computer capable.. .. well my gaf scores of 45/45/50 so the AJ said i had so much on my side she was forced to grant even though she wants me to be reexamed in one year from start to finish start march 1,2004 granted sept 29.2006.. they act like its their money ...

Guest Dataman

Seems like your ALJ Judge used the Grid to make the determination if your disabled.

www.severe.net

The Education is what helped say "your not disabled"

Typing on the Computer does not make you not disabled. I have Carpel Tunnel one hand and the other 7 Screws and 8" of Metal holding the wrist together. I can type for a hour a day. Won't let them touch the other hand (carpel tunnel).

Appeal it.

I know when I was asked the $100 question I just pulled out my XRays and said "see this metal". Plain as day unless the Judge was blind. (Believe it or not they have blind Judges, not ALJ).

Sorry to hear you got the short end of the stick. Use it to hit back is all I can suggest.

Your Lawyer should be able to help

DM