VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Alj Hearing Decision---- Not Granted

Rate this question

KennyJ

Question

Well had ALJ hearing in September and was denied ..The judge wenty through records of the last 2 and half years and stated bits and pieces about records.. Most of this stuff she quoted was from 2004. Not from current medical records. I had depression hearing April 2005 by my VAMC and they said GAF was 55. I also have degenerative arthritis of knees, benign hypertension, Bi lateral ulnar nerve neuropathy, allergic rhitinis, anemia and sleep apnea. She the judge said that in her opinion with my age (43) and education(AAS degree) that I am (not)disabled. Whoa .... What next

Edited by KennyJ

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest rickb54

KennyJ

You are going to need a lawyer from this point.....

SSD rules are: if you are 55 or under, have a HS education, and speak English You can do something even if its flipping burgers, or a war-mart welcomer......

These are the rules before they even consider if you are disabled or not.

What does the VA have you rated for % wise. Have your va doctors indicated if you can work or not, what about an independant opinion from another doctor did you have one?

Sorry I meant The Judge said I was not Disabled... Little Ratttled I guess. Had lawyer at hearing and my lawyer made the Voc. Expert retract all the jobs presented b the hypothetical question by the Judge but this wasn't mentioned in the letter either. Well I had just had % C&P exams done by QTC in July and August and tried to get those copies but QTC has not forwarded them to the VARO yet. I guess now I can get them for the Appeals Council review. At my Depression in August the Doctor said my Gaf was even lower than the 55 assigned by the VAMC doctor in April 2006. Well to the next stage .. I am currently rated 20% by VAMC for degenerative arthritis of left knee.. I am awaiting decisions on claims for Right Knee Arthritis, arthritis of both ankles, bi- lateral ulnar nerve neuropathy and Chronic - Anxiety. Appeals for Higher % and EED and TDIU. The exams are back and waiting for the development team to send them to the rating board. My VSO feels very strongly that my chances are for strong for sucess with a couple of these issues. The problem is I don't want to slow down the rating process by requesting exam reports. I guess I let my Lawyer handle that.

Rick is right you must have a doctor state you can not work. and ,or somekind of voc rehab saying you cant work I believe both are best. As far as age I dont know I am 33 and awarded first time. But I presented a very strong case to ssd. Also I have done a little reserch state by state who wins there claim the first time for ssd. I found out If you live on the west coast it is a little easier to be approved the first time. In california you have a 50/50 chance. But back east it rises to 70/30 and in some states it 80/20. It seems to me it is like the va ro. every one is differnt how they rate your claim.

Rick you are right I live in NC and it is very hard it seems to get SSD here. I did get a letter from my Medical Doctor stating she in her opinion I couldn't work but the judge didn't mention that in her denial either. I will get another letter from my doctor that will be more precise and to the point.

Rick you are right I live in NC and it is very hard it seems to get SSD here. I did get a letter from my Medical Doctor stating she in her opinion I couldn't work but the judge didn't mention that in her denial either. I will get another letter from my doctor that will be more precise and to the point.

kenny.

make sure the doctor states that you will not be able to work for atleast a year or more. ssd requires that you can not work for atleast a year.