VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Scheduled

Rate this question

david walker

Question

Found my operating room report. Talks about never root compression and radiculopathy. Does say bilateral but more so in the left arm. Which was correct prior to the surgery, now it is more in the right arm. What should I take for my C&P and what should I expect? Thanks guys (C&P is for carpal tunnel & bilateral radiculopathy) I had a NCS done at the VA and it says I have both, but the VA doc said the carpal tunnel was not related to my neck problems. The carpal & cubital tunnel is in my right arm. I am also 10% for arthritis of the right wrist and 0% for trauma to the elbow. I know all my problems are caused byor aggraviated by my neck problems, but how do I pull this together for the C&P doc. I was in a military vehicle accident about 9 years ago. It rolled over twice and a GP medium tent and a person fell on top of me. I've got alot of medical documentation to support my claims and given it all to the VA, but they don't seem to be paying it any attention. Any advice???? I feel like this is my last chance to get them to agree with me. I've been at this for over two years, i'm tired of the pain and the VA. Help!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Pre & Post op diagnoses: Left C5 & left C6 radiculopathy and cervical spondylotic radiculopathy

Report states MRI real multilevel spondylitic changes & disk protrusion at C4-5 & C5-6 biased to the left causing boney neural foraminal narrowing anf nerve root compression.

Intraoperative findings: C4 & C5 levels there was evidence of moderate DDD & moderatley severe spondylitic chnages with left greater than right bony neuroforaminal narrowing calified disk protrusions. Excellent decompression of the thcal sac C5 & C6 nerve roots bilaterally were obtained.

What it doesn't say is 6 months after the surgery the screws broke that held my fusion and now my right arm causes most of my problems (carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel) I have severe neck shoulder and arm pain.

How can anyone say the surgery did not effect my neck shoulder and arm????

That report should do it. Take a copy with you to the C@P exam. Any nerve root compression ongoing for a period of 6 to 7 months is likey to yield permanent radicular symptoms such as arm weakness, numbness, parethesis, and Carpal Tunnel.

John is right-

some docs don't want to read a lot of stuff a vet brings in with them to a C & P but in David's case, this

info should help the C & P doctor properly assess his disability.

I think this is an excellent idea.Actually I think many VA doctors appreciate this kind of info.

Went for my C&P. Doc seemed more interested in my neck than my arms. Re-measure ROM, checked all the same things. It was like having the C&P for my neck all over again. Only paperwork he would touch was the doc report stating the hardware in my fusion had broke. He also took some x-rays of my right arm and elbow, nothing on the left. Wish me luck. All comment appreciated.