VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Backpay and Monthly Comp After BVA Grant

Rate this question

bnthornton

Question

My husband, also a Vet, recently had a BVA appeal for increased major depressive disorder and TDIU. The BVA granted the MDD increase to 70% from the initial rating through the entire rating period and remanded the TDIU back to the RO for consideration with the new MDD rating.

This increase to 70% for his MDD now puts him at 100% total rating and will be getting backpay to 2009. We know that it can take forever for the backpay to process, especially considering how large of a sum it will be so while we're hoping for it to be on the shorter side of time, we are not holding our breath.

Our question is this: could he start getting his increased monthly comp amount before the backpay hits or do they always process both at the same time so we'll likely either see the backpay first or at the same time?

Thanks!

Thank you, the time-line is very helpful. BVA Decision & Remand in less than 2 yrs  from DRO Review Denial should give other Vets some hope.

What type of BVA Hearing did you have, DC, Video or Travel Board? When did it take place?

Thanks

Semper Fi

Thank you, the time-line is very helpful. BVA Decision & Remand in less than 2 yrs  from DRO Review Denial should give other Vets some hope.

What type of BVA Hearing did you have, DC, Video or Travel Board? When did it take place?

Thanks

Semper Fi

Not sure. The lawyers did everything for us I guess because my husband didn't have any actual hearing involving him.

As long as it works, it's all good. When I ran the #'s, I got 95.3344 rounded to 100% SC.

That being the case, now comes the question of not only IU but also T & P for both his Scheduler & IU claim. Age, Education and employment history all play an important part as well as the possibility of Improvement in any of his IU qualifying conditions. If he's under 55, any SC Condition MH or Physical, a Vet can expect a Diary Dated Future C&P Exam usually at 18-24 or 36 month intervals up to and just before hitting 55.

Semper Fi

Congratulations on the win!! I hope your husband begins receiving his 100% monthly rate ASAP, and you and your family have a great holiday season!!

Well, no pay increase today. :( But, we did call the VA to ask what the system is saying and it went from "processing" the last time we called to "being finalized for notification" so I'm going to just pretend that means something is happening on it. Ha!