VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VES PTSD evaluation

Rate this question

WhiteTiger

Question

Hello all, 

Thank you for this website. I have learned alot of good info from it.

My questions is... How long does a Non-VA doctor that did a PTSD C&P threw VES have to submit the evaluation? I had one done about a week ago. I know, they hold that info for 3 days without letting it show on the record. But, Its still not showing. I know the decision on my claim will probably take longer. I wanted to read the evaluation. I have never used VES before. Just wondering if they have a time line or mandatory time frame  to submit the evaluation paper work.

5 answers to this question

Since the exam was done by an outside contractor, you will not be able to see your results until after the claim has been decided. And even then you are going to have to request as it doesn't show up under your medical records.

I had my ptsd c&p done by ves in houson on oct 29. Following my claim on ebenefits it gave untill nov 24 to have all submitted which when i called va they said ves has 30 days to get your results to va. Once there va rep said va has 30 days to decide your claim. I checked mine and on nov 30 they closed my claim and gave me 30% sc for mh. I have to appeal but basically it takes 30 days from ves to vaand then 30 from va to you or quicker. So just rest assured after your exams within 60 days you should have an answer. Hope this helps and best of luck to you. God bless. Jason 

Also fyi in Order to get your ves exam results you have to do a freedom of info request va form 4138 same as for your c file.

Edited by sauerkraut1977

I agree with the above.  QTC contractor exam notes DO NOT show up in you blue button.  ever in my experience.  none of mine have, however i have heard folks that did have it, so like everything with the VA its a "EEEHHHHH it depends", but generally speaking it does not. 

You can maybe go to your VSo to view results as they should have access to your claims file and it should be in there, since the rater will need it, etc.

You can also try a form 5345a Release of Information request.  This is basically requesting a copy of your medical records.  thats how i got my original PTSD C&P exam results.  I would just do a request for  "Compensation and Pension Examination conducted on  XX/XX/XXXX for PTSD conducted by outside contractor"

They might have it they might not and you might not get it for awhile, sometimes can take a month to get the request filled.

If you havent gotten your C file yet, you should request it after this last claim process is done.

I had one done by VES back in September and it never showed in my records. I requested a copy but today I was notified my PTSD rating changed from 50% to 100%. I was skeptical of the VES services and very many vet's reassured me they are good at what they do. I guess they were right.