VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Am I overly sensative or was this unnecessarily rude?

Rate this question

green

Question

Discussion on ebenefits today:

Me-

Has my claim for secondary conditions had any movement?

VA -

At this time, your case is in the same status and there have not been any updates since the last time you contacted us nov 3,10,13,17,19,

Is there anything else I may assist you with today? 

Me -

I guess I don't really know what to say to that response.

(keep in mind it has changed status several times over this period of time)

VA -

Is there anything else I may assist you with today?

Me -

Absolutely not

VA -

Thank you for visiting, it was my pleasure to assist you today

Edited by green

• HadIt.com Elder

"nov 3,10,13,17,19,"

That's not a time frame that the VA operates within. Try months or years instead.

Naturally, if there is something unique, or the VA screwed up, then it may be necessary to take corrective actions.

Calling the VA to find out how things are going is usually an exercise in frustration and futility.

Ebenefits may or may not be any better.

Edited by Chuck75

The reason I was tracking it so closely was that it jumped around from pending decision approval to pending notification for a period of time and then was in pending notification for 11 days.  Now it is back to gathering evidence but eBenefits doesn't show that they have requested any additional information.  My claim was fully developed for secondary conditions with all associated records, had favorable C&P exams (the doctor opined in my favor), and no movement since.   I would never expect the VA to move quickly but I do expect a meaningful explanation (but apparently I need to lower my expectations).

Not that I am not guilty of the Ebennies watch, but you'll go mad if you rely on that piece of work.  My best advice is don't rely on any time frames, watch for markers that are tangible, such as the white and brown envelopes and well the deposits.  Numbers don't lie.  At least when not manipulated, or hidden. JMO

Green, we have all been through the status update emotional rollercoaster.  Just remember...

The Status on ebenefits is NOT LINEAR.  we look at status updates like its a production line.

The chips are made, sprayed with cheddar, dumped into bags, bag is sealed, bags are put in box, box is taped, boxes then put on truck for delivery.

This is not at all what the status updates are like. 

Think of it like a football game (rugby works better, but this is america). 

The football is your claim you are the center and you hike it to the quarterback who is the the VSR, he looks around collects evidence and then when he thinks it might be done he passes it to a wide receiver who is the RVSR who is supposed to take it to the end zone and rate it, but then they might see that there is something blocking them so they lateral it to the quarterbakc who ran back up (VSR and gathering evidence) then back to the receiver (pending deicions) then they are almost to the end zone (pending approval) and they lateral it again back to the quarterback (VSR gathering evidence) and then they might just run around for 4 more months before getting it back to the receiver and into the end zone for a final decision.

Not a perfect analogy.  But i cant count the times i have checked seen it 'pending decision approval' and it went back to gathering evidence sometimes multiple times.

The status has to do with WHO has their hands on your claim not WHERE your claim is in the process of being finished.

Like ive said multiple times on here, dont be stressed out and check your status everyday or multiple times a day.  I dont follow that advice, but its good advice :)

• HadIt.com Elder

I got on ebennys to ask about my status....the claims intake center sent me a letter telling me what they needed from me,I sent it to them about three weeks ago, the claims intake center sent me a letter letting me know they got it.

well three weeks went by and all it says in ebennys is Gathering Evidence.

I know three weeks is not much time  but I sent them evidence  so why do they need to gather more?

I was hoping they said working on your claim?  eh!

I hope it don't take months or years for them to work my claim...and then I may have to Appeal?

...................Buck

...........Buck

If it were the VA employee's check, he would have called Nov. 3 @ 8, 8:01, Nov. 3 @  8:02, and again on Nov 3 @ 8:03, and by Nov. 3 by 10:00 you would have gotten a call "all fixed, you pay will be deposited by noon.   Your money would be deposited in time for you to go to lunch on Nov. 3.   

Edited by broncovet