VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approved for SA. Diagnosed I meant.

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Got a call this AM from the VA SA Clinic and they got my results back from the sleep study I did ''last month'' via Choice Card  I have SA and they ask me to come in get the C-PAP Machine and they would show me how to use the machine...I am excited now   now I might can get some much decent sleep/rest

I am not sure this has anything to do with PTSD or not.??..but may submit it for my claim   not sure it would be secondary or not? because my PTSD Claim is still gathering evidence and  have no decision yet.

anybody know?

Thanks

.................Buck

Edited by Buck52

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations Buck!

That machine might take some getting used to, but hopefully after a couple of days you'll awaken feeling more refreshed. If the mask doesn't work out, they should have different varieties you can try. I usually pick up gallon jugs of distilled water for mine at Wal-mart.

I have read where others have tried to SC SA secondary to PTSD and reported mixed results. I personally have not tried to SC my SA yet, but am considering it.

Congrats bud.  You hear all the horror stories about the machines but they are a GodSend.  Just make sure you stick with the routine of using it.  Also the supplier will go over this but it pays to replace the filters weekly and to use the distilled water.

Good news is always a perk up.  :biggrin:

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks everyone!

I am happy to just get the Machine.  not sure I'll file on it just yet??.  but  for now hopefully I can get a better nights rest.

and start to feel better during the day like a normal person.

.................Buck

Buck i am about to file my claim for SA secondary to PTSD.

From what i hear if you file as "sleep disturbance" secondary to PTSD and include the copies of the SA DX it has a better chance.

I started another thread where i listed all the studies i am including with my claim that show SA linked to Combat vets, etc.

I have also combined a list of appeal evidence in case they deny me based on "you are a male with a larger neck and a high BMI"

This includes all the medications they have put me on that list weight loss/sleep disturbances as side effects as well as my DX and rating for issues with my feet that keep me from exercising as often as i used to and led to weight gain.  I am not anywhere near obese, but my height to weight ratio is not within regs, always was.