VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approved for SA. Diagnosed I meant.

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

USMC_VET

I think they probably would use this same thing against me, I spent 16 weeks in the VA Move Program and tried to lose weight but the meds I am taking and can't do any type exercise because of knee pain and dizzy  I only lost 5lbs.

I am not sure this is why I have SA? But I was told that SA is very hard to be approved by the VA Raters for compensation  Unless you have crucial medical documentation, I am overweight but not obese ,but have a fat face and double chin

I was thinking the VA has the duty to assist with the claims process (with compensation) and look at all your medical and that includes all your VA Diagnoses & SC Conditions....but we all know how the VA slips on this.

I would need a good nexus for this and  a good IMO.IME would help  but I can't afford one right now, if I get denied for my PTSD Claim I will probably need a private IME.

However if your Service Connected and given a rating for PTSD  then you have a better chance getting S.A.secondary.

I may wait and see what they decide on my PTSD Claim.

Good Luck with your SA Secondary.

..............Buck

Edited by Buck52

Buck,

I'm so happy for you!  What did they say your CPAP will be set at?  Mine is set at 11 for the air pressure.  As for SC, I filed a claim for sleep disturbance, and I sent them a copy of a health questionaire from my STR, that I had marked off trouble sleeping and noted the years and that I had been using OTC sleep aids.  And I sent them a copy of my sleep study and diagnosis.

So...that's where that's at.

Semper Fi

Andyman

oh yeah you will want to wait for a PTSD DX. (originally meant to say "you will NOT want to wait")  I am mixing up a lot of different folks cases etc.
 so apologies.

You were applying for PTSD right but havent had a formal diagnosis yet correct?

If so, and its up to you, I would file it at the same time.  Reason being

If they deny PTSD then they will most likely, assuredly, deny SA.

However you might get yourself a little beautiful nugget out of that.

Lets say they deny SA based on the fact that you do NOT have PTSD.  If they do that and dont make the argument about weight, neck size....and then eventually you win you appeal for PTSD you have a good case to appeal the SA as well and win, since now condition that was necessary to SC it is now SC'd...

Never know.  and it never hurts, plus if you have to go to mat for one or both you will still have the retro date locked in.  Yeah its 100x better to have all the ducks in a row in a claim, ime, exam notes, good buddy statements etc.  But i would file for SA now, before the new regs come out jan 1.

Im not 100% ready, and its not 100% guaranteed that pending claims will be grandfathered in, but its better than guaranteeing they wont be

Edited by USMC_VET

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I have a VA DSM-5 PTSD Diagnoses With Unspecific Depressive Disorders

in treatment now since June 6th this year...Medication Treatment and Therapy.

I wanted to see what they do with this PTSD claim being I am TDIU P&T for Noise induced hearing loss at 90%combined rating the last 14 years...I still need a C&P For the PTSD  Claim,...> there still in the gathering evidence Phase.

I sent in my evidence & statement in support of claim for PTSD on the 15th Nov   still waiting confirmation I did send it certified return receipt  and they sign for it at the Claims Intake Center. but I  first sent in a Intent to file claim and got a confirmation on the Date of Oct 1st  

according to ebenny's on they are still gathering evidence.

................Buck

....................Buck

Edited by Buck52