VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

e benefits question?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I submitted a Intent to file claim on 9 -27 -15  to my designated Claims intake Center they sent me a letter confirmed they got it and Oct 1st will be my EED.

I Filed /via DAV Hard copy 15/20 days later for PTSD per hard copy snail mail  they received it got letter of confirmation.

I have the return certified receipts.

Then next

They (VA) Claims Intake Center sent me a letter telling me they need three things on a questioner added, I sent that back to them along with my statement in support of claim (PTSD) and evidence for my claim and records and letter from spouse  VA Notes. I sent it  3 weeks ago.

I have check e benefits about 4 or 5 times now  and they say I have this to send them  the same thing they aready sent me  of the 3 things. all it says on e bennys is that I have 2 claims in process  the intent to file and the claim for PTSD   it says gathering evidence.

They don't show what I sent them?  will it say in e bennys  what I sent them and there processing it? I have until Dec12th...to send in these 3 things they mention in there letter...I sent it 3 weeks ago to the claims intake center at there request ?   now what can I do to see if they got it?  I have copies of everything I sent them  and it was organized and table of contents on the top.  every page  had my claims No.

what should I do? call IRIS & Ask if they received my statement in support of claim with my evidence?

Thanks

.........Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

will it show up on e benefits if they got your evidence/ statement  in support of claim for PTSD by snail mail (hard copy)

I didn't file on e benny's. I sent it to the claims intake center.   everything I done so for is hard copy.

I do have a premium e benefits account.  I checked it and it says they are gathering evidence....but never said they got what I sent them?  only the letter they sent me telling me what they needed...I sent that in three weeks ago.  and all it says is they need 3 things from me /gathering evidence  as work in process.

anybody?

................Buck

Buck,

If you got your return receipt green cards back, you know they got it.  Also check the tracking number on USPS web site.  On ebennies you can look at the documents received option, should list what they have gotten so far.

I had one that showed received by USPS at the intake center on one date, but not entered into the system until several days later.  Kinda shady if you ask me.

Andyman

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Andyman

btw   the c-pap machine they set for me is at 4.5.. up to 6 .he said I can turn it up if I need too   or my  mouth  gets dry  but if I turn it up to high it will condense water in the tube..if it does that I need to rinse the tube out/dry out and turn it back down   this C-pap is called  ''RES-MED''

Comes in two parts  fairly easy to use   I slept good last night...so we'll see?

I   have to send in the sims card in a month back to the VA seep clinic   it reports how the machine and I are doing...if things check out  I won't hear back from them   if I don't hear back from them  then this time next year I need to take the C-pap in for maintenance check up recalibrate .

so for so good Buddy

..................Buck

Edited by Buck52

Buck,

I'll have to look and see what type mine is, it has a heated water resevoir, settings 1 and 2 no heat and less humidity.  3-5 are heated and more moisture, I have used 4 a few times, but usually use 3.  As for air pressure, or what ever, it's set for 11.  From what they told me at the sleep lab, the settings range from 4 to 25.

I'm glad to hear that you had a good night's sleep.  I sleep like....not well.  I know I have better quality sleep when I am actually sleeping, and the snoring is gone, but I still wake tired, even if I sleep 8-10 hours.  So something else is going on too.

Mine had a wireless modem attached and it sent signals to where ever, when ever it was in use.  They wanted to track my usage and what ever else they can tell from the machine, for 6 months.

A tech rep called at the 6 month mark, to the day, and said he's sending a prepaid package to return the modem in, they could see that I was using it faithfully.

And now I get a robocall every 6 months for reordering the consumable stuff like filters and such.  Thank God for my insurance.  They never even questioned me, so I guess it's pretty serious, and much cheaper than the medical conditions that result from untreated OSA.

Now I am waiting for what ever comes next after I filed for "sleep disturbance" a few weeks ago.

Semper Fi.

Andyman

• HadIt.com Elder

yes good luck on your sleep disturbance, it sure could be secondary to your depression or OSA.

SLEEP DISTURBANCE  can be secondary to PTSD  but can't call it  SLEEP APNEA has to be a different contention like secondary to  sleep disturbance.& not Sleep Apena...the VA likes to deny Sleep Apnea

if that make a lick of sense (and it does)...USMC_VET mention this to me.  he seems to be pretty darn good with these claims  so I trust him   LOL 

As for as the new c-pap  I am not sure how hi the numbers go, it was set at 4.5 for me  and I can turn it up more if need to....he wanted me to start out at 4.5  thats what the sleep study tech mention about my sleep study  that I slept good at 4.5  its just trial and error for now  we;ll see how well I sleep.

If your using your c pap  and sleeping 8 hrs   and you feel tired after you wake up  yeah you may need to get that checked out  could be dangerous underlying problems  

as for as e benefits I sent them a message and there suppose to email me back within 5 days.

I am still learning how to navigate in e benefit's .....I'll get the hang of it.one of these days...eh!

Thanks Buddy

.....................Buck

Buck,

I had remembered from earlier this year, from here, that the VA don't like Vets to DX themselves when filing for a claim.  So that's why I chose the disturbance over the SA.  Those are the only 2 options for sleep anyway. 

I looked at my CPAP, but can't remember what it was called anyway!  My short term memory is forgotten itself.  So I don't even know what I forgot, since I forget that too!

5 days if you get more than the basic automatic response stating we got your email, you'd probably be the first!  LOL! I always check off snail mail response, so I get a paper trail, just in case.

Glad I can help someone, especially a Vet.

Andyman