VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

T-bird --- Now My Id Is Messed Up

RockyA1911

Question

TBird,

Something went amiss with the new upgrade. You now have me listed a "Chief Petty Officer" in my user id info. I was never in the Navy at all. When I signed on I input my data as a GySgt USMC. I spent 10 years, 9 months, and 22 days active service in the USMC. Please correct. Makes me wonder if all the other folks userids are messed up too. I see jstacy is listed now as a "Master Chief Petty Officer" too.

What is going on with this stuff. You've got everyone in the Navy now!!!!!

Edited: I just went through all the recent posts and threads since the new upgrade and yep!!!! Everyone is in the Navy now, either a Petty Officer 1st Class, Chief Petty Officer, or Master Chief Petty Officer, and Second Class Petty Officer.

Please correct this stuff, it is all out of whack. The only things correct on mine are the amount of posts, join date, member No., and old webboard name.

I am surprised a lot of the vets here haven't caught this besides me. And I have a severe cognitive disorder.

Edited by RockyA1911 (see edit history)

I surely cannot find the links that you mentioned on this site under Veteran's Forum, there is nothing I see that says Member's Issues. This site has become a real maze in itself!!!!!

Just tell me! Why did T-Bird put everyone here in the Navy, I'm tired of the exercise in futility!!!!

I want to be able to edit my profile and change this stuff. But again there is no method I have found to do that. It does have a edit profile link but there is nothing on there where you can change you branch of service, group or other info I deem important to me.

This is a copy of Tbird's posting in the HadIt.com Member's Issues Forum.

I've set up a new ranking sytem

Min Posts Required Title

0 Newbie

1 Recruit

25 Seaman

35 Petty Officer 3rd Class

51 Petty Officer 2nd Class

101 Petty Officer 1st Class

201 Chief Petty Officer

351 Senior Chief Petty Officer

500 Master Chief Petty Officer

10000 HadIt.com Elder

Minimum posts required does not count all posts. If you are posting in claims and research your posts will count. Please do not try and flood claims and research with extraneous posts to increase your post count. these posts will be deleted and your rank will be permanently reduced.

Ranks are designed to let you easily identify members that have been active on the board the higher the rank the more experience the person has.

do not confuse your rank with my authority B)

--------------------

Tbird

Webmaster

Edited by Brandy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the term is Brigadier General, Brigade Commanders are usually Colonels lol as far as the Marine Corp types objecting to Navy ranks I was always told that the marines were the Navy's bell hops so whats the big deal?

Some of y'all need to lighten up, T Bird created a "rank" system so new people could see if they are getting advice from a newbie or someone who knows the ropes, on Gulf War Vets they have me as a Colonel lol I was a Staff Sergeant Infantry 11B3M/11C3M

This is a veterans board to share info it is not nor should it be a rank driven board, experience counts ask Berta she's one of the best SO's I have ever met and as far as I know she is a PFC (Proud Fricken Civilian) spouse to a couple of honorable veterans

it only matters on the paycheck and the tombstone

• Like 1

Nope! Just a E-8, there are no officers. As far as being a bell hop for the Navy, I'll have you know I was a Gunnery Sergeant and I out rank everything and don't forget it puke!!!! A USMC Gunnery Sergeant is about the rank equivelant in the Army of Major General, Navy - Rear Admiral. The only one that out ranks a Gunney is GOD!!!!!!, in the Marine Corps that is anyway!!!

Nope! Just a E-8, there are no officers. As far as being a bell hop for the Navy, I'll have you know I was a Gunnery Sergeant and I out rank everything and don't forget it puke!!!! A USMC Gunnery Sergeant is about the rank equivelant in the Army of Major General, Navy - Rear Admiral. The only one that out ranks a Gunney is GOD!!!!!!, in the Marine Corps that is anyway!!!

Sorry, a Master Chief is E-9. and actually has more power on a Ship than the XO. B)

If a CPO is an E-7, then there is an E-8 of which I thought was a Master CPO, the E-9 was a Senior CPO.

So what is the E-8 called?

Navy enlisted Guide

E-1 Seaman recruit

E-2 Seman apprentice

E-3 Seaman

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd class

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd CLass

E-6 Petty Officer 1st class

E-7 Chief Petty officer

E-8 Senior chief Petty officer

E-9 Master Chief

Like Railroader, I too have also been comissioned a KY colonel. What a great organization as they help al lot of people through hard times.

Edited by jstacy (see edit history)

Rick,

I'm sorry, but I did not say "Ranks are designed to let you easily identify members that have been active on the board the higher the rank the more experience the person has."

Tbird said this. If you look at the postings from the bottom up, I explained how to find the posting from Tbird. He made the changes to the website and I was advising Rocky where to find the posting. When he could not locate it, I copied the posting from Tbird's post and posted it here.

Please forward any questions or concerns to Tbird about the new rankings system. :)

Thank you.

Brandy said

"Ranks are designed to let you easily identify members that have been active on the board the higher the rank the more experience the person has."

:) Actually while what you say may have been the intent, it is not factual. All the rank does is tell me someone has made more post than someone else. We can look at the left under a persons name and can read just how many post someone actually made. I have used Hadit since 1999, If what you say were true I would be a Hadit.com elder... no the ranking has nothing to do with expierence and more to do with how many times someone has something to say......and as we know there are some that post a lot of hot air..... (Even I am guilty from time to time B) )

Edited by Brandy (see edit history)

• HadIt.com Elder

Like it or not the Marine Corps is considered part of the Navy. So, I guess it could be said that--- <G>

TBird,

Something went amiss with the new upgrade. You now have me listed a "Chief Petty Officer" in my user id info. I was never in the Navy at all. When I signed on I input my data as a GySgt USMC. I spent 10 years, 9 months, and 22 days active service in the USMC. Please correct. Makes me wonder if all the other folks userids are messed up too. I see jstacy is listed now as a "Master Chief Petty Officer" too.

What is going on with this stuff. You've got everyone in the Navy now!!!!!

Edited: I just went through all the recent posts and threads since the new upgrade and yep!!!! Everyone is in the Navy now, either a Petty Officer 1st Class, Chief Petty Officer, or Master Chief Petty Officer, and Second Class Petty Officer.

Please correct this stuff, it is all out of whack. The only things correct on mine are the amount of posts, join date, member No., and old webboard name.

I am surprised a lot of the vets here haven't caught this besides me. And I have a severe cognitive disorder.

• In Memoriam

Rocky, this is just, 1st. class, petty, thats for sure.

Naval Aviation:

E-1 Airman recruit

E-2 Airman apprentice

E-3 Airman

E-4 3rd class PO

E-5 2nd class PO

E-6 1st. class Petty Officer

Chuck75,

Like it or not the Marine Corps is considered part of the Navy. So, I guess it could be said that--- <G>

You've been highly misinformed buddy! The Marine Corps is a separate branch of service within the DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY, the Navy is the other separate branch within the DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY.

It's like this as far as structure

DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY

1) Navy 2) Marine Corps

Yep, it was in the Blue Jackets Manual. "Do not tell any Marines that they are a small branch of the Navy". hehe

Lighten up gunney.

Yep, a small branch no doubt, but big enough to defend and protect the Navy against foreign enemies as they always have. The Marines do the combat and the Navy transports and provides the chaplain and the medical care.

Semper Fi!!!!!

From the old goat to the old top; all of our branches have "US" in front of them. Me, I don't care if they call me chief or gunney, the beer tastes the same and we both have one objective in mind.

It was funny, one day I had a cheery Marine Corps Captain in my office, both of us cutting up. You know how it goes, it goes back and forth, back and forth with all of the cute little quips. Then we discussed the Department of the Navy, his reply to me was; Yeah, we're in the Dept. of the Navy, the "men's department!". So simple, but the best come-back to that one I ever heard. Gotta give it old red, he is a riot.

Know what he does for a living now? He works in a marina at the lake and loves it!

That kinda stuff is what keeps up the rivalries to keep us mentally astute, so that we're ready to kick the enemies butt because we're so pissed that we each get to each other some times! It doesn't need to get petty, so keep it light guys and gals.

Tom

• HadIt.com Elder

Does this mean the Marine Corp Commandant doesn't realize he's out ranked? last time I looked a 100% E1 makes the same as a 100% E9

• In Memoriam

It is my mantra, that "Veterans Are United". Anything else (Division), seems to be generated by the VA.

A commonality is necessary as we stand alone and yet together.