VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

T-bird --- Now My Id Is Messed Up

Rate this question

RockyA1911

Question

TBird,

Something went amiss with the new upgrade. You now have me listed a "Chief Petty Officer" in my user id info. I was never in the Navy at all. When I signed on I input my data as a GySgt USMC. I spent 10 years, 9 months, and 22 days active service in the USMC. Please correct. Makes me wonder if all the other folks userids are messed up too. I see jstacy is listed now as a "Master Chief Petty Officer" too.

What is going on with this stuff. You've got everyone in the Navy now!!!!!

Edited: I just went through all the recent posts and threads since the new upgrade and yep!!!! Everyone is in the Navy now, either a Petty Officer 1st Class, Chief Petty Officer, or Master Chief Petty Officer, and Second Class Petty Officer.

Please correct this stuff, it is all out of whack. The only things correct on mine are the amount of posts, join date, member No., and old webboard name.

I am surprised a lot of the vets here haven't caught this besides me. And I have a severe cognitive disorder.

Edited by RockyA1911

Nope! Just a E-8, there are no officers. As far as being a bell hop for the Navy, I'll have you know I was a Gunnery Sergeant and I out rank everything and don't forget it puke!!!! A USMC Gunnery Sergeant is about the rank equivelant in the Army of Major General, Navy - Rear Admiral. The only one that out ranks a Gunney is GOD!!!!!!, in the Marine Corps that is anyway!!!

Sorry, a Master Chief is E-9. and actually has more power on a Ship than the XO. B)

If a CPO is an E-7, then there is an E-8 of which I thought was a Master CPO, the E-9 was a Senior CPO.

So what is the E-8 called?

Navy enlisted Guide

E-1 Seaman recruit

E-2 Seman apprentice

E-3 Seaman

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd class

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd CLass

E-6 Petty Officer 1st class

E-7 Chief Petty officer

E-8 Senior chief Petty officer

E-9 Master Chief

Like Railroader, I too have also been comissioned a KY colonel. What a great organization as they help al lot of people through hard times.

Edited by jstacy

Rick,

I'm sorry, but I did not say "Ranks are designed to let you easily identify members that have been active on the board the higher the rank the more experience the person has."

Tbird said this. If you look at the postings from the bottom up, I explained how to find the posting from Tbird. He made the changes to the website and I was advising Rocky where to find the posting. When he could not locate it, I copied the posting from Tbird's post and posted it here.

Please forward any questions or concerns to Tbird about the new rankings system. :)

Thank you.

Brandy said

"Ranks are designed to let you easily identify members that have been active on the board the higher the rank the more experience the person has."

:) Actually while what you say may have been the intent, it is not factual. All the rank does is tell me someone has made more post than someone else. We can look at the left under a persons name and can read just how many post someone actually made. I have used Hadit since 1999, If what you say were true I would be a Hadit.com elder... no the ranking has nothing to do with expierence and more to do with how many times someone has something to say......and as we know there are some that post a lot of hot air..... (Even I am guilty from time to time B) )

Edited by Brandy