VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Buffalo NY C-file Request

Rate this question

Markay2k

Question

The question here is How long did it or should it take to get my C file.  I sent it in on 09/23/2015 certified mail receipt.  I have yet to hear anything back.  I have sent two email request on IRIS and also did not receive an email back.   Maybe I should call Buffalo and request a visit to review my C file.  All and any comments welcome.

DOES anyone know if the Buffalo office will let me make an appointment to view my C-FILE???

Thank You!

Edited by Markay2k

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

If I were you I would send another iris inquiry with a Dear Secretary of Veterans Affairs and their address with a another request and see if they ignore that iris. Just my two cents but it worked for me.

Markay2k:

I submitted my FOIA or C-file request to the national intake center 2 months ago and was told by a guy on the telephone there that they have a huge backlog of requests and that it's going to many many months to get it sent to me? I used to be a Federal FOIA Officer and had to get my requests done within 20 Business days to meet the law? I'm currently waiting for an outcome on one of my claims and have been told that your (my) claim goes into a "holding status' for final resolution until the FOIA is released? So, you want to be very careful when you decide to initiate a FOIA if you have  a claim close to being decided? One of the reasons for Dropping my American Legion Rep was that she was not very knowledgeable about such things?

Edited by rootbeer22
typo

RootBeer and everyone else thank you for the reply.   I have no claims pending.  All have been completed to date.  I do not agree with a recent decision and that is the one of the reasons I want to view my c-file.  I would also like the code sheet as to why my rating are for what.  

Thanks Again

Mark